Home

WTF???

This is a discussion on WTF??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2004, 02:20 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: WTF???

Quote:

badpoet said:
You already stated why the SC back should win the Heisman. He has over 2600 all purpose yards (be they receiving, kick-off returns, or punt returns). He's a far more valuable player to his team than your player is, and with that kind of versitility, he's likely the best player in the country.

As an aside, goals are wonderful, but if you're to the point that your player is winning the Heisman for 4 years in a row, don't you think it's time to take it off Varsity?

heh badpoet, I couldn't have said it better myself. I guess as long as videogames are ever made we'll have two three camps:

1. The "Why can't I win everything darnit, this game cheats/this game is flawed!!" camp
2. The "Why do I win too much crap, the games too easy darnit" camp
3. The rest of us

Just my take. Things like this are not "fixable" by EA or any company as it's all a matter of perspective.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

badpoet said:
You already stated why the SC back should win the Heisman. He has over 2600 all purpose yards (be they receiving, kick-off returns, or punt returns). He's a far more valuable player to his team than your player is, and with that kind of versitility, he's likely the best player in the country.

As an aside, goals are wonderful, but if you're to the point that your player is winning the Heisman for 4 years in a row, don't you think it's time to take it off Varsity?

1. If I used Campbell as my KR, he would get the all-purpose yards too. I don't think that someone should get the Heisman because they return kicks, when their rushing yardage isn't up to snuff. He isn't even in the top 10 in rushing.

2. SC's QB is 4th in Heisman voting, and they are a passing team. His 950 yards rushing are not more valuable to his team than Campbell's 1500+ and 25TDs. Campbell is a one man team.

3. I dont play on Varsity. I use all conference with heavy sliders because I don't like the way Heisman plays.

My offense is such that I decided to go with an option attack, with the occasional deep bomb to keep the defense honest. My total offense is like 100th in the nation, most all of my yardage comes from Campbell because I am trying to get him 4 Heismans.

But yeah, insult me if you feel it neccessary.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

badpoet said:

heh badpoet, I couldn't have said it better myself. I guess as long as videogames are ever made we'll have two three camps:

1. The "Why can't I win everything darnit, this game cheats/this game is flawed!!" camp
2. The "Why do I win too much crap, the games too easy darnit" camp
3. The rest of us

Just my take. Things like this are not "fixable" by EA or any company as it's all a matter of perspective.

First, I am in the 3rd camp. I never said the game was flawed. And apparently you don't comprehend very well, because I wasn't complaining that there was something wrong with the game, I was basically pointing out that any other season, my guy would be running away with the Heisman race. It just so happens that because some dude gets a ton of returning yardage, he is 1st in Heisman voting. It's a bit of a fluke. Try comprehending a little better before you label people. If the dude wins the Heisman, that's great for him. I will have to recruit another 4 year Heisman winner one day.

Second, given what I said above, there is nothing to "fix." The game is fine (well, there are always things that can be improved.)

Hell, if I really wanted to win the Heisman, I would just start playing SC's games for them and take their HB out of kick returning and use a rushing offense where he runs backwards. I could lose his 900 rushing yards in a game or two.

You should really start thinking and reading before you label people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2004, 03:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

First off LOL@twharry and playing SC's games for them and making the RB run backwards. Man i almost pissed my pants when i read that. Anyways im very easily amused. Okay now for what he was saying this game is really flawed when it comes to Heisman the kick returners and punt returners who also run the ball or are starting RB's always usually win the Heisman unless there up against a magnifcient QB.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You are right you didn't specifically say there was somethig wrong with the game but it was pretty well implied from the tone of your post and continues to be the underlying theme in your posts, whether your realize it or not. You say that the other guy should not win it because of mere kick return yardage but the fact remains he does do more for his team by doing that so why should that not be considered? The fact that you weren't able to win the Heisman 4 times in a row is no reason to complain, if anything quite the opposite.

In real college football the Heisman would never go to one school 4 times in a row, no matter what the caliber of players or who they are or what they did. It is just not going to happen because the other schools would howl. It's not something that would ever happen in real life so i'm glad it's not something that appears would happen in the game. Whether you like it or feel it's justified is entirely secondary to whether or not it's realistic. I'm not labelling anyone, you did that yourself when you started this thread. Why do you think you have so many people with a negative attitude toward you. It's just a ridiculious thread.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #14
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

twharry said:
And apparently you don't comprehend very well...

You should really start thinking and reading before you label people.

Hmmmmm... other people should not LABEL people, yet anyone who disagrees with you, you label as not having the ability to think or comprehend.

Consider this a warning. You have a very low percentage of posts on this board where you don't take swipes at people. Stop...or find somewhere else to play.

If you have a problem with this warning, take it to "Steve's Forum".
Old 01-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:

ODogg said:
You are right you didn't specifically say there was somethig wrong with the game but it was pretty well implied from the tone of your post and continues to be the underlying theme in your posts, whether your realize it or not. You say that the other guy should not win it because of mere kick return yardage but the fact remains he does do more for his team by doing that so why should that not be considered? The fact that you weren't able to win the Heisman 4 times in a row is no reason to complain, if anything quite the opposite.

Earth to genius...

I AM NOT COMPLAINING!

I don't know if you ever read this board or not, but there are people who post here all the time about being up by 14 going into the 4th quarter when the computer makes a comeback, and they wind up winning in triple overtime because they made the 2 pointer and the computer didn't. Are they complaining? Or are they simply relaying an experience they had with the game?

I am not complaining, I am simply relaying my experience.

You know, there is a reason I use Toledo, genius. Actually two. First, I love the school and the athletics. Second, THEY AREN'T THAT GOOD IN THE GAME. Why would I use a team that isn't the best in the game? BECAUSE IT'S A FRIGGIN CHALLENGE. BECAUSE THERE IS A CHANCE THAT I WILL LOSE. BECAUSE TO WIN TROPHIES, I HAVE TO PLAY A SOLID GAME AND WORK FOR IT.

Now, do I think people who return kicks should win the Heisman because of it? No. Am I complaining about it? No. Am I implying there's something wrong with the game because of it? Well, no more than saying that there's something wrong with the game when you can put your WR at QB and run the ball down the field on Heisman all day long. A little clitch? Something that could be compensated for in future releases? Yes. Complaining? Not at all.

Quote:

ODogg said:
In real college football the Heisman would never go to one school 4 times in a row, no matter what the caliber of players or who they are or what they did. It is just not going to happen because the other schools would howl. It's not something that would ever happen in real life so i'm glad it's not something that appears would happen in the game. Whether you like it or feel it's justified is entirely secondary to whether or not it's realistic. I'm not labelling anyone, you did that yourself when you started this thread. It's just a ridiculious thread.

1. You never see a college team win four straight national titles, either. Yet, you see it all the time in this game, there is even a specific trophy for it, genius. That would never happen in real life, so I guess now YOU will be complaining, eh? I mean, since you are so "glad" that it "doesn't appear" that winning four straight Heismans happens in this game, then you are probably pretty mad that winning four straight National Titles happens.

2. "I'm not labelling anyone, you did that yourself when you started this thread."

Actually, yes, you are the one that defined the labels and assigned me one, genius. I started the thread to relay something that happened in the game just like other people do all the time. There was no labelling attached.

The labelling came when you saw my name attached to the post, remembered me from another argument on another board, and decided it would be fun to insult me. You judged my by a standard that you don't hold anyone else to (or else you would be insulting everyone who posts a story about a game where they lost in OT, claiming that they were "complaining.")

3. "Why do you think you have so many people with a negative attitude toward you."

So many? It's maybe three or four people who disagreed with me in the USC-UM thread. And they have a negative attitude toward me because I am intelligent, my arguments are logical, and I don't lay down and let people like you spew your moronic venom at me without refutation and rebuttal (sorry to use such big words, you're going to have to look them up I suppose).

How about you just grow up, take a deep breath and chill the hell out. If I have a complaint about the game, I will e-mail EA about it and post the letter here. Until then, don't worry about whether or not I am enjoying the game as much as you think I should. I like the fact that I lose, I like the fact that winning the Heisman won't be as easy as running the option and giving Campbell the ball 20 times a game. It will be a challenge to win four straight with Campbell. If I can't do it with Campbell, I will do it with someone else later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2004, 04:24 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

I missed the part where you said you were playing Toledo until just now. You have a good running back in a weaker conference, going against a versitile running back in a fairly strong conference. There's no contest. The SC running back should get the Heisman if he continues his strong play, in a strong conference. If they are a passing team he will have also accrued passing yardage, adding to his versility and worth to the team.

Also, if I remember correctly, Tony (?) Sands had fabulous numbers for a Iowa State team back in the early/mid 90's and wasn't seriously considered for the award because of the prestige of the program and the conference they reside in. Granted, I assume that Toledo is somehow a national powerhouse given your previous posts, but I wholeheartedly doubt the rest of the conference is that strong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »