Home

Barclay Premier College Football League

This is a discussion on Barclay Premier College Football League within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #1
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8
Barclay Premier College Football League

This idea hit me as I was driving back to my dorm room. Im a huge sports fan, especially soccer. I love watching Manchester United and the BPL's promotion and relegation system.

For those who have no idea what that last portion means, England's soccer leagues are all interconnected. There are 6 leagues in England: Premier League being the top tier, Conference North/South being the bottom tier. At the end of each season, the bottom teams of each league get relegated to the tier below them. (For example, if Manchester City fell within the bottom three clubs in the league, they would be relegated to the level two league at the end of the season.) And on the other end, the top two (sometimes three) of each league get promoted to the next tier club.

So here is my pitch. What if college football adopted this idea? Rank each conference by prestige/tradition/you name it, then rank each team from 1 to 126. Then divide that list between the 10 conferences (11 if you wish to include Independents, I plan on removing independents). For teams that have divisions, I would eliminate the divisions (if possible, I dunno if it is in NCAA) and just have one solid standing.

After each season, the bottom two (or three) schools get relegated to a lesser conference, and the top two (or three) get promoted to a better conference.

Now I haven't tried messing with this on NCAA yet. I know bowl ties would have to be looked at, but I havent touched anything. The idea just seemed practical for interesting play.

Appreciate any thoughts, questions, ideas, tweaks, ect. Thanks all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Barclay Premier College Football League

This thread may be of interest to you:

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation System

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »