Home

Do You Remember Player Misconduct Suspensions

This is a discussion on Do You Remember Player Misconduct Suspensions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Do You Remember Player Misconduct Suspensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
If 08 wasn't the last original Xbox version, I would have. Did discipline make it into the PS3/360 versions?
No it did not. Im shocked 08 was the last version for Xbox, as the PS2 got NCAA 09 and NCAA 10.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
No it did not. Im shocked 08 was the last version for Xbox, as the PS2 got NCAA 09 and NCAA 10.
Sony has a track record of continuing development of their older consoles, so it's no surprise games continued to come out for PS2 afterwards. Once the 360 hit stride, Microsoft dropped any and all support (including permitting development) for Xbox what seemed like right away.

According to the rumors, 07 was actually supposed to the the last Xbox game, the kerfluffles surrounding the 360 in its early years made 08 (which really was just 07 with a roster update) a reality.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I dunno guys...

Some as shown here didnt like them, but I found they added another level of difficulty....as one said, you had to figure out how to divide up your points as to not draw attention from the NCAA....

I just felt like they added a sense of realism (at times) and made me think a bit more before adding an entire bucket of points just to my recruiting
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --
Old 09-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

They really "cleaned" up NCAA football since the ps2/xbox versions. I even remember you could hit players helmets off and celebrate. They even had a button to have your school's celebration.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)

Last edited by SpartyParty11; 09-19-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #21
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
They really "cleaned" up NCAA football since the ps2/xbox versions. I even remember you could hit players helmets off and celebrate. They even had a button to have your school's celebration.
For someone that doesnt ever like to showboat in real games, I actually quite enjoyed that....

I even was OK with taking the 15 yarders for doing the Heisman after a TD or running to the corner to celebrate w/ my mascot....

Thanks for bringing up good memories there....I LOVED that stuff!
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #22
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

I loved the concept in general, but like some others said, not being able to punish a player if you ran out of points didn't make sense. If instead the chance of having an infraction increased as you decreased discipline points (but could still dole out any punishment you wanted), that'd be perfect.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I remember this and did not mind it. I also loved the celebrations for TDs and such. Hopefully EA will never touch another sport game again and someone swoops in and actually adds better pregame/commentary stuff, celebrations, etc..Now that NCAA wants no part, they wont be limited to what they do and do not want in the game.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #24
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave22
This Johnny Manziel stuff just got me thinking...

Remember when there were misconduct suspensions in NCAA Football?

They should have brought those back...it adds an extra element to each week and how you recruit players based on conduct.
Yeah I remember, and loved that part of it, wish it was still in the game. Of course NCAA dont want it in the game cause they think it makes them look bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »