Home

Starter being taken out of the game

This is a discussion on Starter being taken out of the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 01:55 AM   #9
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Starter being taken out of the game

It's been happening at least since NCAA '11. It seems to be tied to your auto-subs and once the game decides the player is done, he's done. Lowering your auto-subs to 0/1 after the fact won't do you any good.

It seems your best bet is to leave auto-subs at default and manually sub players in via depth chart or packages.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi286
to combat fatigue I use the rs to sub in the backup RB sometimes, especially for passing plays
Your the 2nd person I've seen say this. How exactly do you do this BC I am missing it.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33
Your the 2nd person I've seen say this. How exactly do you do this BC I am missing it.
In your playcalling screen you can move the thumbstick right or left and create substitutions...one will say spell HB with your backup RB number on the green dot in the formation...

Like some of the others have said...Subbing in a backup during pass plays where your starter isn't a primary is a good way of fighting fatigue and you really have to spell your RB wisely to keep him at a high level all game long...I've literally watched my starting RB drop off in ability and I know I need to sit him...Then a back up comes in and you can see the change of pace happen...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
In your playcalling screen you can move the thumbstick right or left and create substitutions...one will say spell HB with your backup RB number on the green dot in the formation...

Like some of the others have said...Subbing in a backup during pass plays where your starter isn't a primary is a good way of fighting fatigue and you really have to spell your RB wisely to keep him at a high level all game long...I've literally watched my starting RB drop off in ability and I know I need to sit him...Then a back up comes in and you can see the change of pace happen...
Your talking about the Right thumb stick? I've never seen this and I'm pretty sure i've moved my stick around on the playcalling screen.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Your talking about the Right thumb stick? I've never seen this and I'm pretty sure i've moved my stick around on the playcalling screen.
Moving the right thumbstick left or right on the playcalling screen will bring in different packages of the formation you're looking at. It'll say things like "HB Spell" or "Backup QB" or "Stack Strong" depending on the packages available for the formation you're looking at.

Let's Go Bucs
Old 09-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPens1787
Moving the right thumbstick left or right on the playcalling screen will bring in different packages of the formation you're looking at. It'll say things like "HB Spell" or "Backup QB" or "Stack Strong" depending on the packages available for the formation you're looking at.
Yep it's there bro...
Old 09-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
This doesn't show up in the coach's choice playcalling screens. It will be there if you select your offensive plays by formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesloth
This doesn't show up in the coach's choice playcalling screens. It will be there if you select your offensive plays by formation.
Bingo! That's why I haven't been seeing it as I usually just click coachs choice and make my selection from there.

Thanks for the help guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »