Home

Do you think "Greatest Games" breaks?

This is a discussion on Do you think "Greatest Games" breaks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2004, 07:43 AM   #1
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Do you think \"Greatest Games\" breaks?

I've heard lots of stories of great games that don't make the top 10 list, but now I'm really starting to wonder if this feature somehow breaks somewhere down the line.

I haven't had a new top 10 greatest game in a LONG time now. I just started year 8 of my dynasty and up until yesterday I had at least 5 games (since the last time I had a 'great' game ranked) that I thought could have gotten listed but didn't. All right, so maybe they just weren't good enough.
But yesterday I played a "game of the week" that goes into triple OT and my team wins 46-44 after hitting the 2-pointer on the final play of the game.

I mean, my #10 'greatest game' still has a greatness score of less than 500. I'd really think this latest game should have gotten on. I'm really beginning to wonder if my 'greatest game' scorer is just broken and I need to reset it or something!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2004, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Do you think \"Greatest Games\" breaks?

I agree, it's been a long time since I've had a game enter my list as well. You would think that maybe my game when UCF came back from 30 down to put up 33 unanswered and hit a field goal in the last minute might have made it, but it didn't. I've had plenty of other games that possibly could have made it too.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Well my list is real high with big games and I was beginning to think it was "broke" too but the other day I got one added from an online game so I think as you play longer your list just gets harder to top. Not sure the formula for the greatest games but I don't think it really gets "broke", just what we think is a great game don't necessarily mean that same thing to the computer, it's not a perfect system.

With that being said I would hope EA allows us for NCAA 2005 to manually add games if we like. Or perhaps have 2 lists, one made by computer, another by the user.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like that idea ODogg but greatest games isnt really that big of a feature and there are alot more improvements that need to be made to EA before they can tweak the little things. I personally wanna see in-game saves and Playmaker Control with 5 more roster slots before anythign else. Secondly do soemthing about run blocking wether Playmaker control might fix this!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:24 AM   #5
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

"Playmaker Control"

Please no.. not in a college game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2004, 07:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

"Playmaker Control" yes in a college game u idiot do u not watch college football. About 1 outta every 4 QB's in college make plays while scrambling. Hell even some call there own plays. Anyways this would also fix the blocking problems i.e. be able to make O-lineman block a guy to break the huge run gain!
Old 01-13-2004, 08:28 PM   #7
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

i would like it just to be able to audible a play without having to show that im audibling.. thats the only thing i ever used playmaker for
Old 01-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #8
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

bigman24 said:
"Playmaker Control" yes in a college game u idiot do u not watch college football. About 1 outta every 4 QB's in college make plays while scrambling. Hell even some call there own plays. Anyways this would also fix the blocking problems i.e. be able to make O-lineman block a guy to break the huge run gain!

Call me crazy, but I honestly don't see you staying here very long with that attitude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »