Home

man coverage alignment

This is a discussion on man coverage alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
man coverage alignment

Is there a way for my defense, in man coverage, to match up over their WR they are covering?

Specifically, I'm having problems with blitzing out of man coverage because sometimes, depending on their formation, I end up with my right safety (SS), or my ROLB covering their slot WR or TE who's on the other side of the formation, and he ends up getting beat because he's running across the field to get on his man and it leaves the receiver open for about 5-15 yards down the field depending on his route.

Do you guys flip your blitz, or is their another way to go about keeping my defenders in man coverage to move by the WR they are covering?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: man coverage alignment

Hit Y then right with left stick to man align

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
Am I crazy or does this not always work?

Sometimes flipping the play at the Los seems to get my defenders in better spots

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

I typically user the safety and line him up tight against the WR. Even if he starts moving back when I switch back to the LB, he'll be a hell of a lot closer than far-side deep safety.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
This does not work when I call it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Because of how bad LB or safety coverage can be, I stopped blitzing out of man because of this issue.

I tried man align, but you still have the issue of LB's & safeties with poor man coverage who get burned.

I tried flipping coverages to line up or even manually moving a player or LB shift towards their cover and still had issues. So I stopped altogether. Blitz out of zone coverage, stick to base man coverages and keep my defenses simple. My "bend but don't break" defense keeps enough points off the scoreboard for wins.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:

This doesn't work. This is actually what I was doing forever. Trying to base align so every defensive formation I was in looked similar, the only problem is it would take me out of man alignment which I was already in and put my Safety who was back on a slot man sometimes which made it impossible to cover.

One thing I'm noticing the few games I have not "base aligned", is if they come out in an uneven formation to not base align at all. If they are in a trips formation or something like that I have to let my defensive matchup and not base align.

Trying to go through all the formations and see which ones are ok to base align in without taking my man defense out of alignment. I am going to assume your standard 2 WR sets you are ok to base align.

The only issue is the man alignment is bad sometimes and sometimes my defense just stands a couple yards to the right or left and I think I'm going to have to deal with that.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had this when using 3-3-5 (with the 2 SS) and blitzing both SSs against a twin WR or 3 WR set. I don't recall seeing it any other time. Before I say anything else, what formations are being used? Def vs Off. Blitz type?

Be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »