Home

Coach's Home Coming

This is a discussion on Coach's Home Coming within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coach's Home Coming

Just wondering, in dynasty, how many of you guys schedule your old team when you get a new coaching gig. I know it's a game I always look forward to. #1 because I love beating them and #2 I like to see what they got and how the pc is using them.

I know it's always hard to leave a job because of that special player near to your heart or that amazing freshmen class you helped bring in. So playing them kinda helps bring closure to my mind. Ok my new qb isn't worse than my former qb or those guys were just good because of my schemes.

Maybe some of you have a good story about when you faced off with your former employer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
Rookie

beelo's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Coach's Home Coming

I left Georgia State after two seasons and some decent recruiting classes with my personal restrictions. I took a job at UTEP and scheduled GSU for the opening game. In the offseason, my former starting Quarterback, Bell i think is his last name, made a monster jump. The defense got boosted and so did the offense. It was good seeing my product on the field against me, but made me wish I stuck around another year for Bell's senior season.

Not New, just soft spoken.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

I always start off as a coordinator so I grow a bit attached to certain players on my Offense. But when I leave for a new job, it's always with a far more legitimate school. As an example, I started off as an Offensive Coordinator with Texas State and coached there for two years. I was offered the Offensive Coordinator job with West Virginia so I took it and don't foresee seeing Texas State in my future. West Virginia had a really cool Non-Conference schedule already with Alabama, Maryland and Oregon State so I didn't want to mess with it just so I could play my old team. I might schedule them as an out of conference opponent in a later season but by then, most of my guys will already be gone. Sometimes I have a connection with the school, other times it's easier for me to just move on. I don't feel any desire to play Texas State but I do check on the stats of some of my former guys on occasion.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

After every good season my OC and DC leave for "better" jobs; after a 12-0 with a 3-star UNCC teambuilder team in C-USA, my OC left to become OC at Alabama State and my DC went on to become HC at Oregon after Helfrich got fired after a 7-6 season. I made it a point to schedule Alabama State as game 1 of the next season and try to crush their offense, I avoided Oregon like the plague though, they ended up winning the Pac-12 with a 12-1 record. I've stayed with the same team from the beginning so I haven't gotten a chance to play against my former team.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I always do. I always like to see how guys I recruited are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i always leave when my team begins to tail off skill wise. i always schedule a road game wk 1 vs my former team. it kinda makes me feel sad that i leave so many promising players but im returning to play spoiler. in one of my dyns i had arkansas #1 and utep#2. at the end of the season we "swapped" teams. i was mad because the qb i left them with was a star, but the coach was a run only. it broke my heart lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »