Home

Stopping the slant?

This is a discussion on Stopping the slant? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4
Stopping the slant?

Does anyone know how to stop the slant? I play against the CPU, and some teams run a slant every play and it seems that it is always open. I can deal with the corner and out routes but(still drives me crazy) but the slant seems almost unstoppable.

I have tried man press, zone press, lb/dl spies, nothing seems to work. The only time I stop the slant is when they WR drops the ball. I just played New Mexico State and QB went 36/39 for 392 and 4 TD's.

Any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Stopping the slant?

press coverage works unless you have OPI/DPI too low.

Also try dropping a LB in a hook (yellow) zone in the middle of the field. Stunting a DT/DE there works sometimes as well
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Against the cpu It honestly seems to work for them no matter what I do. Against users it's a hit or miss. It's usually either completed or picked off. I just play man and high light the receiver I believe it's going to.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Just started!

LmaoTseTung's Arena

OVR: 0

What base defenses are you calling? If they have 3 WR, call Nickel. 4 WR, Dime. At minimum, have as many CBs as they have WRs.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

it doesnt work all the time but i like to use "the robber" and have my best cover safety drop down to roam the middle. It seems to help clog it up and limit any route over the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Mix up your coverages using bump and run but the coverage that works best for me is audibling to show blitz so my cb's get right up to the line of scrimmage and most of the time stay with WRs. What I don't like is it shifts my D-Line in a formation I don't care for and I often need to shift the safeties and I barely have time to do it before the snap but having man coverage then using the audible to show blitz slows down some of the out routes, occasionally breaks up slant routes and at the very least CBs are closer to the receivers to make a tackle. I've gotten more interceptions with that formation as well. If you had time before the snap you could shift your linebackers to some zone then put your safeties to cover whoever the linebackers would cover but you might not have enough time before the snap to do all of that.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Another game QB is 23/26 354 yards and 4 TD's. When guys are in perfect position they don't even try to knock the ball down. Slant across the middle, 3 guys are standing there any no one does anything.

The same goes for deep routes, the cpu just launches the ball down field and my guys are in perfect position and when the ball approaches my guys keeps running and the wr stops to make catch, frustrating. When they actually try to knock the ball down they miss it more often then not.

Every time there is a pass play I hold my breadth hoping that my L1/triangle button works and the cpu doesn't shove my guy out of the way.

I hate that they programmed the game to heavily favor the cpu in one on one situations. When I throw the ball deep in against single coverage it is picked off 75% time, yet the cpu catches ball 75% time on offense.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Just started!

LmaoTseTung's Arena

OVR: 0

How are you calling your defenses? Did you mess with sliders? That doesn't happen on stock sliders hardly ever (the CPU numbers). Upload a couple highlights and link them here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »