Home

When does a rivalry stop being a rivalry?

This is a discussion on When does a rivalry stop being a rivalry? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
When does a rivalry stop being a rivalry?

I play as a teambulider team and the team I replaced only had UTSA as a rival. The rivalry started out pretty good in years 1-2(I won game one 26-17 and game 2 38-24) but since then it has been crap, they're still a 1* while I am a 4* team. The two previous seasons I beat the 63-10 and 65-17; this last game I shut them out 77-0(49-0 at the half), they only got passed mid-field twice the entire game, it got so bad I was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers after half time. Is there any way to build/make new rivalries or do I have to play the same team year after year and just have an unofficial rivalry?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When does a rivalry stop being a rivalry?

I don't think this game has any mechanics to create new rivalries or get rid of old, non-existent ones.

Shame, I know, especially for people who use teambuilder teams in their dynsasties. You're stuck with the rival that the school you replaced had.

You'd think for $60 the EA team could institute this little feature.

Maybe next yea- ha! Just kidding. There is no next year.

Let's Go Bucs
Old 09-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: When does a rivalry stop being a rivalry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I play as a teambulider team and the team I replaced only had UTSA as a rival. The rivalry started out pretty good in years 1-2(I won game one 26-17 and game 2 38-24) but since then it has been crap, they're still a 1* while I am a 4* team. The two previous seasons I beat the 63-10 and 65-17; this last game I shut them out 77-0(49-0 at the half), they only got passed mid-field twice the entire game, it got so bad I was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers after half time. Is there any way to build/make new rivalries or do I have to play the same team year after year and just have an unofficial rivalry?
You'll have to do unofficial rivalries. When I was using UMass, I made Boston College an unofficial rival and dubbed it "The Battle for the Commonwealth". All you can do is change an out of conference game to whatever team you want to be your "rival". Unfortunately, like the poster above me said - there's no mechanic to remove or add rivalries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »