Home

Best NCAA Storylines

This is a discussion on Best NCAA Storylines within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Best NCAA Storylines

I'm thinking the NCAA Football board could really use a positive thread given the recent news. We can use this thread to tell everyone about some of the coolest story-lines to play out in NCAA or simply some of our best experiences playing NCAA. I'll get us kicked off.

Quote:
My favorite story thus far is actually one playing out in my current Dynasty on NCAA 14. As an alumni from Texas, I've been eagerly waiting for the Head Coach Job at Texas to become available. I've been waiting so long in fact, that I've been the coordinator for Texas State two years, West Virginia three years and Vanderbilt one year. Every year I put one of the best Offenses in the NCAA out on the field. The problem was, Texas and Mack Brown weren't doing too bad in Austin so the call never came. It wasn't until 2020 when I got the call from Texas to become their new Offensive Coordinator. Major Applewhite had just left for the Auburn Head Coach job and I had just put together a record-breaking offense at Vanderbilt.

I decided I'd do this the right way by taking the Coordinator job, putting together the best Offense in the NCAA and waiting for the promotion. When I took a look at the Offense that Applewhite had left me, I was a little concerned. There wasn't a Quarterback ranked over 72, a Halfback ranked over 78 and my only solid positions were at receiver and center. I immediatelly jumped into recruiting a four star Quarterback named Henry Koch in the off-season, knowing he'd be my starter if I could get him. Koch signed and proved himself to be a star in the making as I coached him to a Heisman Award his Freshman Year. I knew when he won the Heisman that there was no way I'd leave Texas, knowing I would have Koch for two more seasons at the least. We went on to win the Big XII Championship and secured a spot in the National Championship game. That's when it hit me...in real life this would be the last year on Mack Brown's contract. Sure enough, I looked and it was. Given I'd just set records with Texas's Offense, I knew if Mack Brown retired that I'd get the job.

We squared off against TCU (11-1) who we had previously beaten earlier in the season off of a last second field goal. The stories seemed to be writing themselves as the game played on. This was the first time in ten years that Texas had been in a National Championship game. This would likely be the last game of Mack's career as he would probably retire after this game. And it would be me, a Texas Alumni, who would get to usher in a new era at Texas. In the third quarter we led the game 28-17 when I saw the ESPN Gamebreak. Mack Brown was at 299 wins in his career and would get his 300th win if we won this National Championship game. I knew I had to finish this off right for Mack, so I had my offense play more conservatively for the last quarter. We ran the read option all the way down the field as TCU had no way of stopping it. We won the game 35-24 and I couldn't believe the story that had taken place. It was like something out of a movie.

The off-season came around and Mack Brown retired with exactly 300 wins and two national championships. Getting to go out on your 300th win and have that win be a National Championship win is as good as it gets. I was given the Head Coaching job and now it's my team to lead. With my Sophomore Quarterback and defending Heisman winner, we could be set for another two National Championship runs before he graduates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Braedan7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best NCAA Storylines

This thread has been buried for a long time, but let's reopen it.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Best NCAA Storylines

That's an amazing story line to say the least. I'm glad it played out in your favor and you played it out realistically too. Hope Koch's career finished off as well as it started at Texas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »