Home

Will someone else make a CFB game?

This is a discussion on Will someone else make a CFB game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Will someone else make a CFB game?

I was giving this much thought last night, and for this to be done a few things will happen.

The CD portion will be all made up. Made up teams, stadiums etc.

There must be a very superior online customization. Teambuilder x10000.

- More logo slots, Uniforms with apparel logos, More Helmet, jersey, pant options and slots to make. A customize stadium sort of like how Madden had it. And able to put in at least 130 customized teams into the game.

We would have to sacrifice a few things even with the customization stuff.
- No authentic bowl games. Might have to deal with straight playoff games in stadiums you made.

- No authentic conferences, unless there is a option to name your conferences but patches and logos to those conferences will not be right.

- No actual college stadiums, Stadiums can be made and named to look like the actual stadiums but with little options that will be given to make a stadium some will not be able to be made exact.

So to have a game where we can make our teams from scratch but still have the option for authentic college football, we will have to give to get if you see what I am saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Until the NCAA's case is over, there's no chance we see any sort of official CFB game.

In my mind, the best bet will be if someone tries another All Pro Football or Backbreaker and has the presence of mind to make it fully customizable as both a pro or college game. They'd need to focus on gameplay, and have developer tools available (and publicized).

The big roadblock there, IMO, is that as hard as it is to sell an unlicensed sports game, it's even harder to be able to sell it annually and really make money if you're issuing developer tools to fully modify the game.

If 2K can get back into football with EA's NFL license expiring, maybe we'll see a PC release from them that can be modified into a college game.

Last edited by RedSoxFox7; 12-05-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #43
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Nevermind, already said

Last edited by Robo COP; 12-06-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will a college football game EVER be made again? Absolutely. However, this won't happen until the NCAA no longer exists, at least for big boy football. I'd say 5 years out give or take.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #45
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

OVR: 0

It will be a very long time, if ever that we see another college football game on the shelves. I hate to say it, but no company in their right mind is touching it. When the NCAA allows players to get paid from it, MAYBE we will see it. I am keeping my xbox 360 after I get the xbox one only to play NCAA. I don't expect a college football game again so I will hang on to NCAA 14 with every fiber of my being. Overtime it will be outdated and become very dull. Same old unis, same old stadiums, same old equipment after the many changes to these things that will occur over the years in real life. I dread the day I get tired of NCAA 14. It is years away, but I know it's coming. I won't be able to tolerate old unis, old stadiums, and old equipment. May God save us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »