Home

Tell me about PS2 Online play...

This is a discussion on Tell me about PS2 Online play... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2004, 02:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Tell me about PS2 Online play...

Hey fellas...

I have decided to sell my XBox and buy a PS2 so I can play NCAA 2004 online. My XBox is already on eBay, and I have already bought the PS2, just waiting for it to arrive...

So, tell me, how is it? My connection is faster than a T1, so I am all set as far as bandwidth is concerned.

It's free to play online, right?
Is it tough to find games, or can you find a game any time you want?
How come you don't play 24/7?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Tell me about PS2 Online play...

Quote:

twharry said:
Hey fellas...

I have decided to sell my XBox and buy a PS2 so I can play NCAA 2004 online. My XBox is already on eBay, and I have already bought the PS2, just waiting for it to arrive...

So, tell me, how is it? My connection is faster than a T1, so I am all set as far as bandwidth is concerned.

It's free to play online, right?
Is it tough to find games, or can you find a game any time you want?
How come you don't play 24/7?

It is free, as long as you purchased the PS2 with the network adapter, if not then you must purchase a network adapter.
It is very easy to find games, you'll have no problem at all...a lot of cheesers out there though.
I don't play it 24/7 because I have a life. My job, wife, and son take up a lot of my time. I'll play NCAA and Madden about once a week online, and I'll play Links, ESPN NFL, R6: 3, AND ESPN CH the same on live for the XBOX.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah pretty much the only down side is the cheesers online but if you get same game tag names from here you will find good quality opponents to give you a fun game online.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
Rookie

it's good but way too many cheesers and glitchers....I wouldn't mind the cheesers except that they always quit when you shut down their bs which is pretty easy once you know how. the glitchers really suck.

Also, stay away from guys who are like 224-7 or something...some crazy record....chances are those seven losses came against people who know how to stop the glitch....look me up sometime...I should be on soon once my dsl gets hooked up...just moved and dialup sucks.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

agreed once you find some reliable players its one of the best football gaming experiences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2004, 03:19 AM   #6
Banned

Wow, I am really coming out ahead on this deal...

I was figuring that I would end up paying ~$30 in the exchange (XBox + Madden, MM, NCAA 2004 for PS2 + Madden, MM, NCAA 2004, Mem Card, adapter). Somehow or another though, I am about $90 up, and all I have left to buy is MM. A bunch of lucky auction results, and I am set.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

i'm always up for str8 game if you're looking for one, holla at me on AIM - shaunh20catch22 is my name. Also are you interested in joining a new league that uses non-top 25 teams? if so let me know.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:

ODogg said:
i'm always up for str8 game if you're looking for one, holla at me on AIM - shaunh20catch22 is my name. Also are you interested in joining a new league that uses non-top 25 teams? if so let me know.

I'll play in a non-top 25 league. That sounds awesome. How non-top 25 is it?

I should have all my stuff by next weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »