Home

Anyone who uses Georgia State

This is a discussion on Anyone who uses Georgia State within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Anyone who uses Georgia State

I was wondering if anyone has ever used Georgia State and build them into a National Power. I am trying to and I am year 3. Last year I went 10-2 winning the Sun Belt and my bowl game, finishing #12 in the National. This year I am 6-2 with a perfect 6-0 record, but I am still averaging just 29,000 fans. Playing in the Georgia Dome, I assumed that I would be able to built up the attendance but so far it hasn't happened. So I was wondering if anyone else has seen a higher attendance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Falacer's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone who uses Georgia State

You've checked that their stadium does hold 40k people? I use Buffalo and I know their max attendance is 29k but it hasn't stopped me from climbing to #6 in the Toughest Places to Play list. It just takes a few seasons to raise it up.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falacer
You've checked that their stadium does hold 40k people? I use Buffalo and I know their max attendance is 29k but it hasn't stopped me from climbing to #6 in the Toughest Places to Play list. It just takes a few seasons to raise it up.

I guess I never checked to see the seating capacity that the game has for Georgia State. I know that for the Falcons it holds over 70K. I was hoping it was the same for GSU. I just got done playing Georgia and it listed the attendance over 92,000.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

It's very likely that in real life, the upper deck is simply closed off for Ga State games, and the video game took that into account.

I went to a S. Florida game a few years back in the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium, and they had the upper deck closed off. It's common for midmajor college programs that play in bigger stadiums.

I seriously doubt the game has the wherewithal to identify that you've built the program up so that they should open upper deck seating, sorry.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
It's very likely that in real life, the upper deck is simply closed off for Ga State games, and the video game took that into account.

I went to a S. Florida game a few years back in the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium, and they had the upper deck closed off. It's common for midmajor college programs that play in bigger stadiums.

I seriously doubt the game has the wherewithal to identify that you've built the program up so that they should open upper deck seating, sorry.

Actually there are fans in the upperdeck in the game, and it looks like the stadium is packed, but when I go to the attendance it still only shows 27K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

Capacity for Georgia State's version of the Georgia Dome is only listed at 28155 in Team Builder.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its the same for South Alabama too. I know stadium isn't as big, But in the seats in the endzone at least 4 rows or so are covered by logo tarps, where as I played in the same stadium for the bowl game and the sections where opened with those out of control fans jumping up and down.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Actually there are fans in the upperdeck in the game, and it looks like the stadium is packed, but when I go to the attendance it still only shows 27K.
The way they calculate the visual fill and the recorded attendance figures is pretty bad.

It seems as though they fill the stadiums to a given percentage, based on things like ranking and win streak.

With the way they calculate it, even a 125th ranked UMass or Tulane team will still be able to draw ~20K people, while an equally bad Georgia State would probably be drawing around 8,000 people.

And since stadium fill is just based on percentage, a 100% full Georgia Dome will look the same for Georgia State and the SEC Championship, regardless of the number reported being 28K or 71K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »