Home

Your best conference ideas?

This is a discussion on Your best conference ideas? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Your best conference ideas?

heres mine and i normally do this everytime. 1st the sec, i move mizzou and texas am out. sorry fans of those teams, but i live in the south and i go to an sec school, and i dont consider them apart of the southeast. next move louisville and either usf or fsu to those two spots in the sec. i rotate the sec ccg every two seasons. next the american, model it after the big east, move umass there and maryland so they can be rivals with navy. get a ccg in sites up north. B10, i take nebraska out replacing them with iowa st, move ND to that conference and align based on geography, put a ccg in soldier field or lucas oil, next the big xii, add the original big xii minus colorado, add houston and smu, and tulsa. cusa is the only conference i have with 16 teams. pac12 is the same but move the ccg to la. the mwc i notmally have 14 teams, the mac is still the same minus umass, the only independant is army and each conference has a neutral site ccg, with no auto bids

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 12-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html
Old 12-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falacer
+1 I like these alignments might steal some of these.

I found putting Army and Navy in the American conference seems to keep them from becoming powerhouses in the later years of my dynasty. Or at least so far it's worked.
Changing their playbooks from the option run helps that too. For whatever reason, the sim engine hugely favors the run option playbooks (AF, Army, Navy, GTech).

For my base roster, I've switched HC/OC/DC for the service academies to the New Mexico pistol and GTech's to the spread option. That seems to keep all four schools the way they should be, and prevents other schools from rising to power just by giving an HC job to one of the twelve HC/OC/DC.

I usually end up with Army & Navy in the American anyway, since Navy is moving there in 2015 and I really dislike having Independent schools in general.

Last edited by RedSoxFox7; 12-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

The ridiculousness of Army and Navy's success is the reason why I took them out in favor of the Delaware schools. I don't mind an occasional good season or even a BCS bowl win...but they were KILLING teams. I figured, the Delaware schools should be in FBS anyways...so let's put them in.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
Changing their playbooks from the option run helps that too. For whatever reason, the sim engine hugely favors the run option playbooks (AF, Army, Navy, GTech).

For my base roster, I've switched HC/OC/DC for the service academies to the New Mexico pistol and GTech's to the spread option. That seems to keep all four schools the way they should be, and prevents other schools from rising to power just by giving an HC job to one of the twelve HC/OC/DC.

I usually end up with Army & Navy in the American anyway, since Navy is moving there in 2015 and I really dislike having Independent schools in general.
right on, good idea. I'll probably use the same tactic to prevent Navy/Army going off as well

Do you (or anyone) know if those HC/OC/DC of those particular teams are the only ones that run the option run
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #22
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
right on, good idea. I'll probably use the same tactic to prevent Navy/Army going off as well

Do you (or anyone) know if those HC/OC/DC of those particular teams are the only ones that run the option run
By default it's just those 4 schools running an option playbook.

If you're using Yukon's roster, or something based on it, they may have generic option run playbooks instead of the team specific version, and that's just as bad for simming.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #23
Rookie

Here's another question....in your Dynasty's, with the new conferences...what are some new rivalries you notice get formed, or maybe ones you named? Here are some I named:

Family Feud: West Virginia vs. Kentucky (border states, Hatfields vs. McCoys)

The Battle for the Gold Coonskin Cap: West Virginia vs. Tennessee (both heavy mountain states in the south)

Border Brawl: Texas vs. LSU (hey, if A&M and LSU can have a rivalry...why not them??)

Black and Blue Brawl: Air Force vs. Colorado (natural rivalry, haven't played since 1971 however due to Colorado students' actions when they played AF)

And of course some rekindling of old rivalries:

Texas vs. Arkansas
BYU vs. Utah
Oklahoma vs. Nebraska

Sorry, it's late...will add more...but what did some of you guys come up with?
Old 12-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #24
Banned

jt2000's Arena

I been keeping it a real as I can. I bee reading in 2015 they will be another handful of teams switch to different cconfernces. For example, Virgnia will being going to the B1G in 2015.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »