Home

Harder to beat cupcakes than top teams?

This is a discussion on Harder to beat cupcakes than top teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Harder to beat cupcakes than top teams?

This happens to me pretty consistently. When playing the CPU in my dynasty as Mississippi State (90 rating with my roster edits), I blow out teams better than me all the way up to 99 about half the time, looking unstoppable in the process (home or away), but consistently struggle against FBS teams in the 75-80 range at home. Usually in the form of ludicrously off target passes for interceptions, iron curtain rush defense, and undefendable drives due to broken coverage after broken coverage (once, 7 consecutive times in a single drive a random DB of mine would just stop covering his man and stand still). I always end up winning, but it's just frustrating that I have to scrap it out in a game that I should be able to rest my starters for most of, pad stats, and test new plays. I'm playing AA offense and defense with my own personal slider tweaks, although I've experienced the same thing using multiple slider sets from here. This is NCAA 2014, but it's seemed this way to me in several other EA games over the years, most notably NCAA Basketball 10. Has anyone else ever experienced this, or am I possibly just imagining it? I feel like it might be some kind of trap/flat game mechanic or an attempt to give the underdog a little boost for story line purposes, which would be cool if it were one, maybe two games per year tops, but it happens every single time I play one of these teams.

Last edited by thf24; 12-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Harder to beat cupcakes than top teams?

I don't have that problem. If I am supposed to blow a team out, I do. I have struggled to score a couple of times when I think I should get more, but I still win by a pretty lopsided score.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't have this problem at all. One thing you might try doing is turn home field advantage off. When on I feel teams will roll over a die when I'm at home and I jump out to a lead but with it off I have 3-5 ESPN Classic games each season. I'm one game away from finishing up year #6 where I'm 9-2 with the 2 losses being blowout loses by teams rated lower then me but I also have 4 ESPN Classics to this point as well.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Banned

fantasyboi's Arena

OVR: 0

No i know what u mean here and yes the lower end teams r sumtimes WAY tougher! BUT this is usually only the teams that run unconvential O's or D's....the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 r so hard to beat if u play the 4-3/3-4 11 or 12 times a season....if u find that u can beat the big dawg teams its cuz u already know what to expect...for example. Ohio State and Florida u know they r all bout their run QBs and can never throw so u might put ur CBs on islands (i do) but those teams that run stuff that u dont really know what to expect make adjustments very tough

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »