Home

D coordinator help

This is a discussion on D coordinator help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
D coordinator help

year 2 with ULL raging cajuns want to build a fly fast hard hitting defense. I prefer man to man on outside but don't mind throwing in some zone blitz from time to time from every angle. Even throw in few man blitz but prefer zone though.

Not sure which play style i should go with either a 3-4 not the regular one tho. A 3-3-5 since my defense has studs which makes it capable of running at least this year or multiple D like to throw different sets around.

I want my front seven to be able stop run while back 4 protect against pass and come up and make tackle in run game if need be.

I player lock weakest player in secondary.

Stuck on what is perfect way to recruit since i'm only running D.

Do ya'll watch the opposite play if ur a coordinator seems like that is the only time my O moves the ball if i watch it instead of sim.

Increase all my starters on D Awr and PRC +5 since i'm playing heisman.

0-2 year 2 against LA Tech and LSU. had LA battle royal now that its over and i'm bottom of bucket into next year.

D coordinators help/tips would be appreciative. I still get picks and sacks but my YPG/PPG is horrible playing 10 min. was at 15 but drop it since the cpu can't hold a drive more than a min when i sim.

Never really had a problem being a good rushing D in here or madden in before. But can't get right this year.

How do you get it to show icons so u can see the audbiles/hot routes/etc u make i don't even know what is what when try to adjust just go off Memory.

What button is used to jam WR at line.

To get off blocks which button do i press I play in secondary and when i can never get off blocks quick enough to make tackle.

Do any one over run plays constantly. Even when u not turboing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: D coordinator help

Not sure which play style i should go with either a 3-4 not the regular one tho. A 3-3-5 since my defense has studs which makes it capable of running at least this year or multiple D like to throw different sets around.

-I like to run a custom multiple defensive playbook. I like to use 4-2-5 sets for most base 2WR sets. I fell like I get great run defense out of this set due to having that extra speed to play run support. I then have some 4-3, 2-4-5, 2-3-6 sets as well.

Stuck on what is perfect way to recruit since i'm only running D.

-As an OC/DC I set recruiting on autopilot like our school has a recruiting coordinator. In my 10 years of coaching high school football I have seen 2 kids get contacted by an OC/DC on a weekly basis. Most of the time it is a position coach or RC and even seen HC's get involved on more high profile players.
-You could also just recruit your side of the ball and allow autopilot take care of the offensive side. Then once you become a HC you have complete control.

Do ya'll watch the opposite play if ur a coordinator seems like that is the only time my O moves the ball if i watch it instead of sim.

-I don't watch, I just sim next play until I'm up. On the 360 I think it is just the "A" button. I have been pleased with the results by doing it that way.

Increase all my starters on D Awr and PRC +5 since i'm playing heisman.

-I never increase my players ratings unless it is the end of the year, all games have been played, and right before you end the season, I will go in an increase players AWR if they are close to being drafted and had an amazing year that would see them get drafted in real life.

D coordinators help/tips would be appreciative. I still get picks and sacks but my YPG/PPG is horrible playing 10 min. was at 15 but drop it since the cpu can't hold a drive more than a min when i sim.

-Find a slider set that fits your playing style.
-Accept that fact that you team may not be that good at times.
-Mix up your play calling.
-Use the "X" button to tackle vs the hit stick.
-Don't hole the speed button on read plays if controlling a DE as they will run through the play.
-Only use the speed button once you have a free run at the QB as it seems to trigger a hurry up in the cpu.

Never really had a problem being a good rushing D in here or madden in before. But can't get right this year.

-Don't use the speed button all the time. See above.

How do you get it to show icons so u can see the audbiles/hot routes/etc u make i don't even know what is what when try to adjust just go off Memory.

-Go into controller settings. Make sure coaching help is turned "on" then you should be able to see them.

What button is used to jam WR at line.

-On 360 it is "Y" then down on the directional pad.

To get off blocks which button do i press I play in secondary and when i can never get off blocks quick enough to make tackle.

-Let go of the speed button then move right or left to break free.

Do any one over run plays constantly. Even when u not turboing.

-When I use the hit stick I sometimes whiff on tackles. Over time you will get a better grip on controlling your players to eliminate those missed plays.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: D coordinator help

thanks 4 help I'm try ur suggestions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »