Home

Just had a Top 5 Lamest win over the CPU

This is a discussion on Just had a Top 5 Lamest win over the CPU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Just had a Top 5 Lamest win over the CPU

Gotta love the automatic timeout the CPU calls with 1 minute left, no matter what. Ingenius.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

How about the 3 straight timeouts the CPU takes when you line up for a game wining field goal
Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The other one that I consistently see is the CPU driving at the end of a half. They get inside the 20 with just under 2:00.....plenty of time, yet they start coughing up the time outs. Almost like they are going out of their way to leave me time for my own drive. C'mon EA, I don't want to be spoon fed. I want to earn it.

This one is a pet peeve of mine because EA could clearly address this. They have much more complex AI in other areas of the game. But they choose to ignore it....and it is a HUGE game changer. They try to implement so many deeper layers of strategy in the game ("120 way to win"). Yet neglect one of the most fundamental strategic elements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
Banned

RamblinWreckFromTech's Arena

OVR: 0

I've called timeout for the cpu before because they were trying to line up and run a play that would have left them with 0 time left when they could have kicked a game winning field goal....
Old 01-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

yes i have had plenty of wins i shouldnt have because the cpu does not manage the clock well late in drives and grants you that one extra possession you shouldnt have. the way they manage the situation where they are leading and inside your 30 yard line under 2 mins is horrible. too many times i have gotten extra possessions when they could have run out the clock. things like this are basic and overlooked by many but to me are almost gamebreaking you know.

like the nba 2k classic problems of the ai in the late seconds as well. such as being down by 3 and shooting 2's or when there is like 3 secs left they always inbound it and shoot right away or too early as if they trying to get the shot inside the hoop before the buzzer sounds rather than just out of their hands. little things like this dont effect user vs user games and really hurt us dynasty ppl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »