Home

The Official NCAA 14 One Back Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 One Back Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #17
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Official NCAA 14 One Back Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
What are you guys getting as far as pass attempts vs run attempts?

Using a custom playbook with Auburn as the base I get something like 50 rush attempts and 15 pass attempts per game.

Does the One Back offense allow for this?
I usually end up doing something like 2 runs for every 1 passing play. That would be more like 40 runs, 20 passes.

The one-back offensive is very flexible, though. I've done it the opposite before, where I passed twice as much as I threw the football.

One thing to consider is that it is a little more difficult to get the ball to a bunch of different players with the one-back offense unless you use your own custom formation subs. Since you just have one running back, you're pretty limited to handing it off to that one guy or doing something like the occasional option or end around.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:18 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Awesome thread, fell in love with the one back offense in ncaa 12, and still using it with Old Dominion in ncaa 14. Great balance of run / pass based on what the defence gives you
Old 01-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #19
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
I usually end up doing something like 2 runs for every 1 passing play. That would be more like 40 runs, 20 passes.

The one-back offensive is very flexible, though. I've done it the opposite before, where I passed twice as much as I threw the football.

One thing to consider is that it is a little more difficult to get the ball to a bunch of different players with the one-back offense unless you use your own custom formation subs. Since you just have one running back, you're pretty limited to handing it off to that one guy or doing something like the occasional option or end around.

This is true unless you want injuries. I edit all my guys injury down to 20 and I have a good amount of touches for everyone. I have to have atleast 4 rb's ready to go at all time.

Out of the 4 teams who run 1 back and then the generic 1 back playbook who has the most option plays.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Despite me making it sound like a no brainer,
Old 01-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017

Unless I have a clearcut stud back I usually load up on formation subs in the backfield. I like getting more than one RB involved so if one goes down, I know what the other can do, and it's very beneficial to always be able to have a fresh guy. If I want to go heavy on just one RB I can select from his formations only. As I play farther into the coaching carousel, I find it can make sense to pick up a very fast WR and make him a speed back, but since that guy will usually struggle with yards after contact I need a guy who can shed a tackle in some situations. I try to stay balanced but usually lean towards air raiding, so I naturally do better in recruiting with receivers than runners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 01:02 AM   #22
Banned

jt2000's Arena

I made two one back offenses in this year game which are Joe Gibbs and Dennis Erickson. Joe's is more of a power running and Dennis is more of a passing system. I run Joe's but, I use one's of Dennis key's when running the system which is take your 2nd string HB (which must be speed with good catching and put him at the slot.

Right now I am 20-8 on Madden 15 and use this system on my offline and OD's on Ncaa 14.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #23
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
What are you guys getting as far as pass attempts vs run attempts?

Using a custom playbook with Auburn as the base I get something like 50 rush attempts and 15 pass attempts per game.

Does the One Back offense allow for this?
If you are asking this question for the team we control then you can control the number of rush vs passes by what you call. I always start the game off running to see how the CPU defense is playing the run. If I am struggling to gain yards then I start passing more. If the defense is struggling stopping the run then I keep calling run plays with a pass mixed in to keep the defense from loading the box.

I also call plays based on my roster. If I have a really good passing QB then I call 30-40 pass plays per game. If I have better backs with a young QB then I am running 30-40 times a game with around 20 pass attempts.

As for your question of "does this allow for 50 rushing and 15 passing attempts" the answer is yes and no. Any system allows for any set number of plays but not every game will be the same numbers called. Play calling changes each game and changes during games based on what is going occurring. There is a lot that goes into what plays are called during a game in real life. As for the video game, getting the CPU to call that many runs requires coaching slider edits and the game to remain close. If you want your team to run the ball way more then you pass then just call way more running plays.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #24
Rookie

Been running HUNH air raid/spread option attack most of NCAA 14, but people in my OD's have been complaining that the spread option is not sim style, which I find to be some BS but whatever. I've been looking to run a one back offense for a while now and I have a mobile quarterback and a very good O-Line (Which is why I've been running a spread option attack in the OD's). My only question though. Does the Alabama playbook or any of the other one back playbooks have pistol formations as well? Although I'm going to go to a more conservative offense (meaning I won't be running a HUNH offense) I do want to incorporate some read option in there since I do have such a strong offensive line and a mobile quarterback.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »