Home

The Recruit that Got Away

This is a discussion on The Recruit that Got Away within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #9
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Recruit that Got Away

I control the safety on defense and the #1 FS named Rodney King (6'5'' 215) in my Mizzou dynasty had 95 speed with mid-80's in both coverage and tackling attributes. Ended up loosing him to Notre Dame where he was a two time All-American. I remember that he was most concerned about playing time so what does ND do? Redshirt him of course . Kinda hoped he would transfer but wasn't lucky enough. He was a 99 OVR as a RS Sophomore and didn't leave early. He was great for the Irish, but he would've been a legend in the black and gold!

I finally got to draft him in Madden after 5 long seasons. Won DROY of course.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

I took th HC job st Ball St in the offseason, so I was basically going into the offseason recruiting blind. So I found that thy already had a 4 star duel threat QB targeted and was about 500 or so points ahead of the next team. So I put a sh*t load of points on him. When I go to signing day, I found out he signed with Akron. AKRON!! AKRON!!! I had qb troubles through the whole season, so i was looking to jump ship during the offseason. somehow i got the Texas OC job. if i wouldve got the qb i probably would have stayed at Ball St. I thought the CPU was working on rebuilding Akron cause the signed 2 4* recruits and they hired Charlie Weis, but they went 1-11 and they fired Weis after one season.

Thanks Peyton. #18

Last edited by CBoller1331; 02-12-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #11
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
I took th HC job st Ball St in the offseason, so I was basically going into the offseason recruiting blind. So I found that thy already had a 4 star duel threat QB targeted and was about 500 or so points ahead of the next team. So I put a sh*t load of points on him. When I go to signing day, I found out he signed with Akron. AKRON!! AKRON!!! I had qb troubles through the whole season, so i was looking to jump ship during the offseason. somehow i hot the Texas OC job. if i wouldve got the wb i probably would have stayed at Ball St. I thought the CPU was working on rebuilding Akron cause the signed 2 4* recruits and they hired Charlie Weis, but they went 1-11 and they fired Weis after one season.
AKRON!! AKRON!!! Lmbo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

So i was in my 3rd year as OC for Indiana, coach mode dynasty, i run the option/flex offense and needed a QB seriously. I went after an Ath, Trey Williams, 6'3 215lbs and was a 4* 74ovr. I scouted him and he was a gem and went to 79ovr with 90spd 87thp 80tha, he could of played QB, HB, WR. It was between Ohio State and myself most of the year and i scheduled a visit with him against OSU. I was leading in points at the time of the visit. It was a good game but we lost 34-30, after that visit to Indiana, the next week he commits to OSU!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #13
Rookie

This one really ticked me off, and personally I think it's a bug more than anything.

I'm building a new dynasty in NCAA 13 with a 1* cupcake TeamBuilder team. I really needed to sign two DT's in my first year (2012).

I managed to sign one. In the last week of recruiting (week 5 post-season recruiting), I had a single scholarship left to give, and three DT's on the board, any one of which I would have been happy to land.

I talked to the first, gave my best pitches, etc... hopefully he will sign.

I talked to the second, gave my best, etc... hopefully he will sign.

I talked to the third - BAM - instacommit! Awesome! I am set, had a PERFECT recruiting year!

Went ahead and removed the other two from the board, looked over my 25 hard-committed recruits, smiled, clicked "Advance..."

Signing day - my insta-commit guy is now hard-signed to TCU. What the heck?!? I was 1st on his list and they were 2nd, and they were at like -1020 behind me! ... now they are "Most", I'm last on his list at like 2000, and apparently his "insta-commit" never happened.

That has GOT to be a bug... so ticked off right now.

-Mach
Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #14
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

NCAA 07 with my created Massachusetts State Mountaineers.

Looking for a new quarterback, figuring whoever committed would win the job.

In-season recruiting, the #1 QB in the country, Darrin Tepper, shows some interest, so I put him on the board. I take the lead on him mid-season, and after a loss or two toward the end of the season, Oklahoma snatches him up.

4 seasons later, Tepper wins the Heisman and is an All-American.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #15
Rookie

started at south alabama eventually ended up at miami then im recruiting a FS names Jake Bush i really needed a safety so i recruit him but alabama ends up with him then 3 years later as a junior Miami V Alabama in the Rose Bowl were down 17-10 with 1 min remaining we are driving bang pick 6 jake bush biggest dagger ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #16
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

6'1 218 lb ATH - Eric Stratton

The dude has 95 speed, 96 ACC, 92 ELU, 87 THP, 79 THA. He could have been a QB, HB, WR, or DB. Either way, I had a 600+ point lead on him heading into the offseason, and of course, freakin Oklahoma puts all their points on him and lands the guy...I'm making sure to schedule them next season.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »