Home

The Recruit that Got Away

This is a discussion on The Recruit that Got Away within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 25
The Recruit that Got Away

Have you ever had that player that you tried so hard to get on your team and he committed somewhere else? In NCAA 13 I created Bo Jackson jr. and was planning on recruiting him to my Miami team. Somehow I let him get away and sign with my rival, Florida State.
Year 3 - 11-5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: The Recruit that Got Away

I just lost a recruit on 14,1#RB from pennyslvania..I'm using penn state,I put 700 points on him top 350 weekly bonus,was leading by not much but alabama came in with their visit and he was gone..
Then as true freshman destroyed my defense..
Old 02-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I think everyone has had this happen to them. I lose 1 or 2 guys every year that I really want.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I believe it was in '12 I found a punter listed as a 4.3 40 that I went after in the offseason and didn't get him. I really wanted to pick him up for the heck of it.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
Have you ever had that player that you tried so hard to get on your team and he committed somewhere else? In NCAA 13 I created Bo Jackson jr. and was planning on recruiting him to my Miami team. Somehow I let him get away and sign with my rival, Florida State.
In a Nebraska dynasty I did awhile ago I made a Johnny Manziel clone called Johnny Football but then couldn't recruit him and he ended up playing for Oklahoma. *facepalm*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Usually just myself that I create. I'm on my second season being the OC at Texas State. I created two versions of myself with a different first name. The first time I created myself as a QB and he came out a 3* and he signed with us on Signing Day. 2nd season in I created an OLB. We are in his top 3 all season long. I really needed depth at the LB position, so I really needed him. Boom, he signs with New Mexico State.

Right now Texas State is still a 1* Star school, so I am not really looking to get the big time recruits in just yet.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

One thing I always do every other season is recruit the player with the fastest 40 time. It doesn't matter if they're a five star or a one star player, I'll bring them in if they have the fastest 40 time. Then I typically use them as a kick returner. I've won the award for Best Kick Returner with two different players thus far using that method.

But there have been three separate occasions where the player was a three star player and chose a school like Texas Tech, Louisiana Monroe and FIU over my school. Partially because I'm playing with North Carolina and I'm still building pipelines/championships. But on the other hand I think they really just want to be able to start. It kills me though as I have no problem bringing in 4 Star after 4 Star but I've lost out on two 3 Stars and one 2 Star that I've really coveted.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Actually recruiting by stars and overall is not the best way,just find the ratings you want in a player.and furthermore when ur a big sch,they easier to get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »