Home

Star Numbers in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Star Numbers in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Star Numbers in Dynasty?

Started a new dynasty and lowered the ratings of some ND players cuz I don't consider them a 6 stat program. They miss the bowl season two years in a row and in the third yr of the dynasty, they're still a 6 star school smh....I can't believe the default is 6 stars for them. In game, they recruit at the same rate as Bama, FSU, USC. In real life we kno ND's talent isn't anywhere near that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Star Numbers in Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
In game, they recruit at the same rate as Bama, FSU, USC. In real life we kno ND's talent isn't anywhere near that...
The last couple of years their recruiting class ranks are 11, 3, 20, 10, and 14th by Rivals. So basically an average of 11 out of 124 schools every year, or in the top 10%. I'd say that is pretty good.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Smile Re: Star Numbers in Dynasty?

And yet one year removed from a title appearance (in which they were severely overmatched) they went back to being average. Even with the change at QB, the offensive numbers didn't fluctuate that much (and can be argued they were better without Golson). ND isn't a 6 star program, hasn't been for quite sometime.

But the larger problem is that the star number doesn't change even when they have 2 consecutive bad seasons. Even if a player wanted to essentially create their own football universe, they can't do it because of static star ratings. USC also had a down year, like way down and the numbers never changed.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm pretty sure prestige ratings change, but it takes more than one year. Think about it, USC was not great this year in real life, yet they are still pulling in top talent. It's the brand, USC is a historical powerhouse. It's a lot harder to lose the brand once you have it than to build it from scratch. Look at Boise St. They had all those great recent years, and now where are they?

Big time programs take a lot more than one or two bad seasons to lose prestige like you are wanting them to.

Heck even Texas is a great example... They have been pretty bad the past 3-4 years, but they are still pulling in all the top talent. They are still one of the top destinations in college football.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
I'm pretty sure prestige ratings change, but it takes more than one year. Think about it, USC was not great this year in real life, yet they are still pulling in top talent. It's the brand, USC is a historical powerhouse. It's a lot harder to lose the brand once you have it than to build it from scratch. Look at Boise St. They had all those great recent years, and now where are they?

Big time programs take a lot more than one or two bad seasons to lose prestige like you are wanting them to.

Heck even Texas is a great example... They have been pretty bad the past 3-4 years, but they are still pulling in all the top talent. They are still one of the top destinations in college football.
In respect to UT, they get most of their talent from Texas. Texas is just a football state, some parts only live, eat and breed football, and it's so large giving it an enormous talent pool. IMO they pull in top talent because of where they are more than what they have/have not done.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

They also have the abilty to grab recruits natonwide too. The point is they are a top program, just like Notre Dame.
Notre Dame has been built on years of sucess, maybe not as much lately, so they aren't going to drop like this guy wants them too after 2-3 mediocre seasons.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaRicky
In respect to UT, they get most of their talent from Texas. Texas is just a football state, some parts only live, eat and breed football, and it's so large giving it an enormous talent pool. IMO they pull in top talent because of where they are more than what they have/have not done.

Their location certainly helps, but there are a lot of schools in Texas that don't pull in the recruiting that UT does, so there's something else to it too.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #8
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Their location certainly helps, but there are a lot of schools in Texas that don't pull in the recruiting that UT does, so there's something else to it too.
To that point, IMO, the other schools in Texas aren't in any really relevant conferences besides Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech and A&M. I'm a fan of the Big 10 so I'm just on the outside looking in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »