Home

No More Automatic Bids

This is a discussion on No More Automatic Bids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
No More Automatic Bids

I'm a huge college football fan, and like most of you who are reading this, I'm disappointed that there is not a new game coming out next week. However, I do feel like we were left with a pretty solid game to continue playing and we don't need to shell out more cash to get it.

Since there is no easy way to recreate the playoff scenario I was thinking about modifying all the BCS bowls to At-Large bids only. If I do this will it screw the other automatic bowls births up? For example, if the Big 10 Champion does not get one of the At-Large bids would it automatically fall to the Capital One Bowl (#2 in Big 10) or would it be left without a bowl?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: No More Automatic Bids

GREAT question, I'd love to see an answer to this!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
I'm a huge college football fan, and like most of you who are reading this, I'm disappointed that there is not a new game coming out next week. However, I do feel like we were left with a pretty solid game to continue playing and we don't need to shell out more cash to get it.

Since there is no easy way to recreate the playoff scenario I was thinking about modifying all the BCS bowls to At-Large bids only. If I do this will it screw the other automatic bowls births up? For example, if the Big 10 Champion does not get one of the At-Large bids would it automatically fall to the Capital One Bowl (#2 in Big 10) or would it be left without a bowl?
I did this before and it worked pretty well. It was all based on record. The big conferences had better bcs ratings so they got the big bowls but it helped the smaller and non bcs schools who had a good record get into better bowls. Basically you remove the auto qualifiers then the cpu uses the bcs rankings system to determine who plays in what bowl.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
MVP

Teleo's Arena

This method appears quite intriguing....might begin a new dynasty trying this out.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
This method appears quite intriguing....might begin a new dynasty trying this out.
Every time i start a dynasty i remove all auto qualifiers except the Rose bowl. I can't imagine a Rose bowl with out the PAC 12 and B1G 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Sounds like this will work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6
No More Automatic Bids

i always play with at large bids off. what normally happens is a 1v2 3v4 5v6 7v8 9v10 matchup using the bcs rankings barring any records or too many conference teams in. its always exciting to see if im like 11th in the bcs to know if im in the bcs or not. ive kept it this way and it always make for some interesting matchups that we normaly dont see

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #8
Pro

Hmmmmm.... This sounds rather intriguing/interesting to try out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »