Home

Which NCAA Football game is the best??

This is a discussion on Which NCAA Football game is the best?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #41
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Which NCAA Football game is the best??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
1. NCAA 07: This was the last one I bought on the ps2. If I remember correctly it had player suspensions and schools getting placed on probation. That alone made it great for me. I got NCAA 08 for the ps3 but rarely played it because I loved 07 so much.
NCAA 07 (Ps2/Xbox) did alot of things right and had so much potential. However it also had a Momentum feature that I HATED. Most games I played were blowouts. It seemed the first team that scored got a huge momentum boost and then just ran away with the game. I believe it also introduced JTS...another feature I hated with a passion. I also vagurely recall something screwy with the kicking game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #42
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
NCAA 07 (Ps2/Xbox) did alot of things right and had so much potential. However it also had a Momentum feature that I HATED. Most games I played were blowouts. It seemed the first team that scored got a huge momentum boost and then just ran away with the game. I believe it also introduced JTS...another feature I hated with a passion. I also vagurely recall something screwy with the kicking game.
Yeah, I was not a fan of the Momentum meter, either. Caused way too many turnovers from my experience.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #43
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
did anyone like ncaa 10
I had fun with it, personally, though it was the first game I got for 360 so I played a lot of it.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 08-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
What was screwy about the kicking game was the fact that CPU kickers never seemed to miss field goals. This was actually an issue in both NCAA 07 and 08 (on PS2 and the 1st Xbox) when they went to the analog kicking after NCAA 06. All FGs attempted by the CPU seemed to go straight down the middle, regardless of kicker rating or the FG accuracy slider. Another thing that made kicking more screwy was the enhanced ability to block kicks. It was a cool feature, but it led to an unrealistic amount of blocked kicks. (compared to NCAA 06, with the analog kicking in 07 and 08, there was more of a delay before he kicked it, and more chance to block it)

I actually did extensive testing of the CPU kicking issue on NCAA 08 PS2 a few months back. I lowered kicker's individual accuracy ratings to the lowest possible (40) and also lowered the kicker's kick power ratings. Well to make a long story short, I did eventually see CPU kickers miss FGs wide left or right, but it only happened occasionally at a certain distance and IIRC it was only when the ball was on the left or right hash marks.

The best advice I can give if you play those games is to lower all kicker's accuracy ratings to 40 and they might miss sometimes, but not often. I think the momentum also played a role because every time a kicker made an Extra point or a field goal, the individual player ratings automatically increased in-game. It's a shame that NCAA 07 and 08 had these issues because to this day football has never looked and played so good as those games played on the 1st xbox. The features in those games this day have not been topped.

I personally favor NCAA 2005 as the best game, but only on Varsity gameplay (with sliders heavily weighted towards the CPU so it's not too easy) The problem with NCAA 2005 was on AA and Heisman defenses closed down on runners so fast it wasn't fun. NCAA 06 was the opposite as it was fun to run into open space but it ended up being too offensive. (too easy to run the option, too easy to hit the deep ball and get quick scores) In NCAA 06 that stuff could be fixed somewhat through sliders, but NCAA 2005 on Varsity with custom sliders provides the best overall balanced experience for me.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #45
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
did anyone like ncaa 10
I enjoyed it, but a big part of that may be that my prior version was '08 (Xbox 360)....which set the bar pretty low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #46
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

For me, it's going to depend on what system you're going with.

PS2/Xbox, NCAA 06 to 08.

PS3/XBox 360, NCAA 14.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #47
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5

PS2/XBOX 2003,2005 or 06
PS3/X360 14
Old 08-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

yess bro ncaa 06 ps2 the best ever I agree 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »