Home

I just bought NCAA Football 07-11 PS2. All input is welcomed.

This is a discussion on I just bought NCAA Football 07-11 PS2. All input is welcomed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I just bought NCAA Football 07-11 PS2. All input is welcomed.

My only issue with 06 was the lack of roster editing options. I know in that version you cannot change eligibility or State of origin. Minor to some folks, but as a guy who spends countless hours editing it matters some. I really have grown fond of 09. I love the expanded mini drills, trigger jukes you can combo with highlight stick, deeper playbooks, among other features. 06 had the best presentation for sure though.

I still kick myself in the arse for ever getting rid of my old 06 and 07 rosters, I had those done complete. Last night I played 09 with 2014 Alabama v.s. 2014 Auburn, so much fun. Final score was 20-14 Auburn. I love how you have to earn your yardage. It's such a challenge and more realistic blocking as well.

It makes me sad how the current NCAA games seemed to regress and focus on cosmetics. Sure I love the details in equipment and flashy graphics, but the old gameplay was sacred. Some of the most fun I have ever had playing video games was user v.s. user games on NCAA 05-07. I took a few years off (got married) got a 360 and have tried to get back into the swing, and just realize how the gameplay lacks compared to what I was used to for years. At first there was a part of me that just thought without playing for as few years that maybe I had outgrown them and just lost interest overall, then I fired back up my old ps2 and realized it wasn't me, it was the new gameplay. IMO if you kept the old style gameplay and engine and went with the current graphics you would have the greatest football gaming experience.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
My only issue with 06 was the lack of roster editing options. I know in that version you cannot change eligibility or State of origin. Minor to some folks, but as a guy who spends countless hours editing it matters some. I really have grown fond of 09. I love the expanded mini drills, trigger jukes you can combo with highlight stick, deeper playbooks, among other features. 06 had the best presentation for sure though.

It makes me sad how the current NCAA games seemed to regress and focus on cosmetics. Sure I love the details in equipment and flashy graphics, but the old gameplay was sacred. Some of the most fun I have ever had playing video games was user v.s. user games on NCAA 05-07. I took a few years off (got married) got a 360 and have tried to get back into the swing, and just realize how the gameplay lacks compared to what I was used to for years. At first there was a part of me that just thought without playing for as few years that maybe I had outgrown them and just lost interest overall, then I fired back up my old ps2 and realized it wasn't me, it was the new gameplay. IMO if you kept the old style gameplay and engine and went with the current graphics you would have the greatest football gaming experience.
Another issue of mine as well. Immediately noticed Rutgers RB Brian Leonard's eligibility was off the second I started editing in NCAA 06, same with Tom Zbikowski and John Carlson in NCAA 07. Made me sad I couldn't edit that. Home state doesn't matter a ton to me though...

And couldn't agree more on that last paragraph. I've been playing NCAA for years as well, and the games have regressed over the last few years, which is disappointing to me when I have more fun playing a game from 10 years ago as compared to one. Even more disappointing is the fact that I can't find any of these older games anymore in Gamestop (the closest one to me cut off all ties with PS2/Xbox, the closest that still sells them is in the next state over; hour and a half away).

Also, Gap do you need any more assistance with your historical roster project??

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #11
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

"Also, Gap do you need any more assistance with your historical roster project??"

I can always use some help. I have a thread that I use that I'll try to link that shows what I have done. I have most of the 90'2 through current teams done. Something different I'm doing for the All-Time teams, I am creating a year specific team for that as well. An example would be All-Time Auburn is now 2011 Auburn with Cam and Fairley, All-Time Ohio State is 2006 with Troy Smith, All-Time Alabama is 2009 Alabama and so on. You can check out the thread and see what I have done. I spend a lot of time on each team. I usually watch entire games on youtube and do roster research. I've even went as far as buying old game programs on Ebay to get rosters I cannot find archived online. I had to do this for several teams like 97 Mizzou. I take this project pretty serious, but I also work in moderation being married with kids. Now that the series is in purgatory I will have much more time to work on it. Where I can use help is with templates in the thread. My goal is by next year to have an up-to-date 2015 roster for both FBS and FCS along with a complete historical roster.... That might sound extreme, but my goal is to make the most complete NCAA roster out there. lol I know a very minor group of people will be into playing it, but I'm doing it as much for the community of old schoolers like you and I as I am for myself in general. Once I have all teams completed it will be much easier and faster to keep up with updating year to year by just trimming off incoming and outgoing players.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...th-charts.html

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers the older gameplay and just the games in general. I feel a little less insane now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity

"Also, Gap do you need any more assistance with your historical roster project??"

I can always use some help. I have a thread that I use that I'll try to link that shows what I have done. I have most of the 90'2 through current teams done. Something different I'm doing for the All-Time teams, I am creating a year specific team for that as well. An example would be All-Time Auburn is now 2011 Auburn with Cam and Fairley, All-Time Ohio State is 2006 with Troy Smith, All-Time Alabama is 2009 Alabama and so on. You can check out the thread and see what I have done. I spend a lot of time on each team. I usually watch entire games on youtube and do roster research. I've even went as far as buying old game programs on Ebay to get rosters I cannot find archived online. I had to do this for several teams like 97 Mizzou. I take this project pretty serious, but I also work in moderation being married with kids. Now that the series is in purgatory I will have much more time to work on it. Where I can use help is with templates in the thread. My goal is by next year to have an up-to-date 2015 roster for both FBS and FCS along with a complete historical roster.... That might sound extreme, but my goal is to make the most complete NCAA roster out there. lol I know a very minor group of people will be into playing it, but I'm doing it as much for the community of old schoolers like you and I as I am for myself in general. Once I have all teams completed it will be much easier and faster to keep up with updating year to year by just trimming off incoming and outgoing players.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...th-charts.html

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers the older gameplay and just the games in general. I feel a little less insane now.
I am aware of the thread haha. I'm the same guy who provided '05 Penn State eons ago.. I'll take a look for you.

I'm glad this thread exists too.. I honestly thought I was the only guy who played ps2 anymore also lol.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Old 08-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
Rookie

CarolinaCJAM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
And couldn't agree more on that last paragraph. I've been playing NCAA for years as well, and the games have regressed over the last few years, which is disappointing to me when I have more fun playing a game from 10 years ago as compared to one. Even more disappointing is the fact that I can't find any of these older games anymore in Gamestop (the closest one to me cut off all ties with PS2/Xbox, the closest that still sells them is in the next state over; hour and a half away).

Also, Gap do you need any more assistance with your historical roster project??
Check to see if you have a store called "2nd and Charles" close by you. They sell music/video games/books both new and used. It's the biggest collection I've seen anywhere, and cheap. Just today I picked up Madden 2004, Madden 2005, MVP College Baseball 06, an extra PS2 controller and memory card for about $17 total.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #14
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCJAM
Check to see if you have a store called "2nd and Charles" close by you. They sell music/video games/books both new and used. It's the biggest collection I've seen anywhere, and cheap. Just today I picked up Madden 2004, Madden 2005, MVP College Baseball 06, an extra PS2 controller and memory card for about $17 total.
This sounds like my kind of place haha.

Unfortunately, I google searched and there isn't one within 5 hours of me or so. I think closest was in Delaware maybe?

Old 08-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #15
Rookie

Footski10's Arena

I recently went back to Madden/NCAA 08 as well. My backstory is similar to you guys. Longtime player....bored with the PS3/360 games...funner experience on PS2...had to re-enter all the ncaa rosters (why did I get rid of them?!?). While I like practically all of the PS2/Xbox versions, I went with 08 because it has the pre-season mini camp for both Madden and NCAA. I just find it fun to be able to hand pick a few guys to increase. As far as gameplay/animations, its funny because I used to be the guy that absolutely hated the canned animations and suction tackles/blocks. But now, I realize that its almost more fun because it takes some of the control out of your hands and to me thats more realistic. I don't want to be able to score every play because I'm decent on the sticks. The only big thing I dislike about the old games are the super LBs. However, I am going to get over it because everything else is worth it with the older games. Thats just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #16
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

"I am aware of the thread haha. I'm the same guy who provided '05 Penn State eons ago.. I'll take a look for you.

I'm glad this thread exists too.. I honestly thought I was the only guy who played ps2 anymore also lol."

Yeah, I'm dumb. lol I didn't look at your username, but your Icon instead. Thanks for the help you have provided me. Feel free to add anything you like, or work on any team that hasn't been done on the first page. Thanks again for your help!

Where I live we have a place called Mega Replay. They basically flip video games and dvd's. They pretty much have everything under the sun, and it's reasonably priced for the most part.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 08-07-2014 at 06:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »