Home

NCAA Football 06 E-book

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 06 E-book within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #9
Rookie

CarolinaCJAM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 06 E-book

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
I wonder what happened there.
I think they're so old SI just removed them from the website.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #10
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I still have those rosters for ps2. Is there anyway to put them on a usb or is it strictly by memory card. If it's only memory card I would copy my roster if you send me a card and pay for shipping just pm me.
Sorry for the late response. I actually think you can put it on a USB, I've seen people do it for past roster projects from many games ago. But I can't be 100% sure.

And don't worry about the shipping. I actually found some time to name a few guys and I was able to get a ton off of memory. Might do this little by little.

Any update on the E-Book?

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Sorry for the late response. I actually think you can put it on a USB, I've seen people do it for past roster projects from many games ago. But I can't be 100% sure.

And don't worry about the shipping. I actually found some time to name a few guys and I was able to get a ton off of memory. Might do this little by little.

Any update on the E-Book?
I don't know if the demand is there or not. And even if I write the book I would probably sell and not give it away, just for the hard work I would put into it. I would sell it for like $5 max though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

I would be very interested.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 08-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #13
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
I would be very interested.
Thanks. If there is more interest from others then I will do it. Like I said in the first post, it will give me good writing/e-book practice. I want to use pictures for various plays, game planning etc. but I don't know how to transfer pictures from a ps2 to a pc. I don't even know how to do it from a ps3. If anyone knows how to do this let me know.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #14
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Thanks. If there is more interest from others then I will do it. Like I said in the first post, it will give me good writing/e-book practice. I want to use pictures for various plays, game planning etc. but I don't know how to transfer pictures from a ps2 to a pc. I don't even know how to do it from a ps3. If anyone knows how to do this let me know.
Just an FYI to you, I'd be willing to help you gather info if you decide to go through with this (Especially on the rosters if that is part of it).

Yeah I can give you a brief tutorial, I've done dynasties from NCAA '07 on here so I know how I get pics in and out. If you have any questions, ask away. Forgive me if something doesn't make sense, I'm typically not good at giving instructions.

The way I do it requires a portable device and a PC. (If you use a camera and plug in your SD card to the PC/laptop, this likely saves you a step.

First, have a photobucket account (Imgur or any of those other sites work too, I prefer photobucket however.)

I use my tablet to take pics, and while you can use a camera, it might require an extra step.

Take whatever pic(s) you want. Depending on what you use to take the pics, if you use a tablet like I do, the pics will save to your gallery.

When you log in to photobucket on the mobile device (not sure if it is this way for other sites..) there is a tab in the upper left hand corner with 3 horizontal lines. Click on it, it will give you some options, click on upload. Then click on the blue bar that says choose a video or photo. Go to your gallery.

Find your pics, upload them. Then go to the PC/laptop, they should be under recent uploads. Click on any of your new photos. There will be 4 options on the right side, under Links to share this photo. Click on the bottom link, then paste the copied link into your post.

Again, let me know if this is confusing or misleading, I could attempt to do a picture tutorial if necessary.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Old 08-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #15
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Just an FYI to you, I'd be willing to help you gather info if you decide to go through with this (Especially on the rosters if that is part of it).

Yeah I can give you a brief tutorial, I've done dynasties from NCAA '07 on here so I know how I get pics in and out. If you have any questions, ask away. Forgive me if something doesn't make sense, I'm typically not good at giving instructions.

The way I do it requires a portable device and a PC. (If you use a camera and plug in your SD card to the PC/laptop, this likely saves you a step.

First, have a photobucket account (Imgur or any of those other sites work too, I prefer photobucket however.)

I use my tablet to take pics, and while you can use a camera, it might require an extra step.

Take whatever pic(s) you want. Depending on what you use to take the pics, if you use a tablet like I do, the pics will save to your gallery.

When you log in to photobucket on the mobile device (not sure if it is this way for other sites..) there is a tab in the upper left hand corner with 3 horizontal lines. Click on it, it will give you some options, click on upload. Then click on the blue bar that says choose a video or photo. Go to your gallery.

Find your pics, upload them. Then go to the PC/laptop, they should be under recent uploads. Click on any of your new photos. There will be 4 options on the right side, under Links to share this photo. Click on the bottom link, then paste the copied link into your post.

Again, let me know if this is confusing or misleading, I could attempt to do a picture tutorial if necessary.
Regarding rosters, I got my rosters from another guy her on OS. He offered to copy them over to my memory card if I mail it to him so I did. It has Division 1, 2, and historical rosters. They definitely bring new life to the game. Whether they will be part of the book I'm not sure.

Very few people, other than you, are willing to input all the names which will take forever. There used to be a "maxdrive" way of transferring files but I think that technology is outdated.

Regarding the pictures I was going to use my camera and literally take pics of the plays on the screen and move them over to my PC, but I have no clue how they would turn out. I will experiment for sure because the readers like you would learn better with visuals; that and I refuse to write a book of pure text. My other option is purchasing a play designer program and moving them over from there. I will get diagrams of plays etc. on there one way or another.

I will take one or two routes with this project:

1) just make an all-encompassing guide to the entire game and sell it on a singular sales page

2) create a blog dedicated to to the game with tons a of free content and sell my book on the site. That way we can all disuss and comment on the game we love

I think I will go with the latter. It gives readers a chance to comment and ask questions. Plus I feel the only info readers want and need to buy off of me is the Xs and Os/game planning; the true heart of the game and the most deep. The rest of the game's info should be shared for free. My in-depth strategies is what readers will enjoy the most I think and would pay for.

Last edited by volwalker; 08-08-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #16
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Regarding rosters, I got my rosters from another guy her on OS. He offered to copy them over to my memory card if I mail it to him so I did. It has Division 1, 2, and historical rosters. They definitely bring new life to the game. Whether they will be part of the book I'm not sure.

Very few people, other than you, are willing to input all the names which will take forever. There used to be a "maxdrive" way of transferring files but I think that technology is outdated.

Regarding the pictures I was going to use my camera and literally take pics of the plays on the screen and move them over to my PC, but I have no clue how they would turn out. I will experiment for sure because the readers like you would learn better with visuals; that and I refuse to write a book of pure text. My other option is purchasing a play designer program and moving them over from there. I will get diagrams of plays etc. on there one way or another.

I will take one or two routes with this project:

1) just make an all-encompassing guide to the entire game and sell it on a singular sales page

2) create a blog dedicated to to the game with tons a of free content and sell my book on the site. That way we can all disuss and comment on the game we love

I think I will go with the latter. It gives readers a chance to comment and ask questions. Plus I feel the only info readers want and need to buy off of me is the Xs and Os/game planning; the true heart of the game and the most deep. The rest of the game's info should be shared for free. My in-depth strategies is what readers will enjoy the most I think and would pay for.
I had Charter04 (the slider god) offer to send me a memory card, but I don't know, I guess I just find that even more a hassle than doing it myself (especially when I have a great knowledge of the rosters of that time era anyhow..)

I got into ps2 gaming late in it's life cycle.. never knew what a max drive was until only a few years ago..

And I'd definitely like a blog option. Just need time to play some more games haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »