Home

Does anyone know what years had the gameday crew in it?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know what years had the gameday crew in it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anyone know what years had the gameday crew in it?

I am thinking about purchasing an old NCAA game. I just don't remember what years had the gameday crew doing their pics prior to your game starting.

thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Does anyone know what years had the gameday crew in it?

If you mean the Rece Davis stuff? I am pretty sure that premeired in '13.

In my long history of video gaming (going back to Atari), I can't think of a feature I was more excited about beforehand, but ended up annoying the heck out of me when I actually got the game.

Or are you talking about Lee Corso putting on the Mascot head? I think that was '05 or '06. Another feature that was cool the first 2 or 3 times. And annoying the next 997 times.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

If you mean Nessler, Herbie and Corso actually appearing pre-game and Corso doing his mascot head pick, that was NCAA 06 on the PS2. No prior versions of the game had that.

I'm fairly certain they kept that format for the PS2 versions of 07-11 as well, 11 being the last PS2 release for NCAA.
I still play 06 from time to time, great game and love that they had Corso doing the pick before the game.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
If you mean Nessler, Herbie and Corso actually appearing pre-game and Corso doing his mascot head pick, that was NCAA 06 on the PS2. No prior versions of the game had that.

I'm fairly certain they kept that format for the PS2 versions of 07-11 as well, 11 being the last PS2 release for NCAA.
I still play 06 from time to time, great game and love that they had Corso doing the pick before the game.
That is correct. Was a really nice feature back in the day. I know it would've been a longshot, but I wish EA could've incorporated other ESPN shows/segments into the games. Oh well..

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Didn't '11 come out on both PS2 and PS3? So they didn't include corso putting on his head gear in that one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 05:17 AM   #6
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12
Didn't '11 come out on both PS2 and PS3? So they didn't include corso putting on his head gear in that one?
Yes, it was on both consoles. The PS3 version did not have Corso, but the PS2 version did. But '11 on the PS2 was just about the exact same as '10.

I'd go with '10 solely because the rosters were better.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »