Home

4th Season a DC...will I get offered the HC job?

This is a discussion on 4th Season a DC...will I get offered the HC job? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
4th Season a DC...will I get offered the HC job?

I started a Dynasty as the DC of U of Southern Alabama. I'm on the 4th season, they are on their 3rd HC and I still haven't been offered the job.

If I just keep resigning as the DC will I ever get the HC job offered too me? I'm getting sick of just playing defense.

Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Re: 4th Season a DC...will I get offered the HC job?

Only if you decline new contract, you can explore new hc job. However, it may not guarantee to get hc job if your prestige is too low.

Alternately, you can quit as DC then create new HC that's way you will become head coach even though you're basically rookie.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

I tried the DC route at Michigan to earn a HC job but it took me 4 seasons to get it, but I was never offered the Michigan HC job. Maybe it wouldn't have taken that long if I decided to take the OC route.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Might try setting your alma mater to USA if you didn't do that. That does not mean you will be the first option once a coach leaves but can lead to the job down the road.

In my current coaching career I started at FIU as the OC, my listed alma mater is FSU. After 2 amazing years the HC left and another coach was hired. I decided to leave for the OC job at UGA to get a 99ovr Todd Gurley for 1 season. After losing the title game I decided to take the best HC job offered to me, it was New Mexico. After 4 years that led to 1 national title I was offered the HC job at UGA. I am now in my 6th season as the UGA HC, won back-to-back titles and just got offered the FSU and FIU HC jobs before the start of year 6.

It seems to me that you have build a resume to land the bigger school jobs. I was offered 2 HC jobs while I was the OC at FIU, UMass and Idaho. The bigger schools want proven guys while the smaller schools are looking for OC/DC's from bigger schools.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Str0mTropper's Arena

Well if you keep winning and the CPU HC is reaching the goals and he isn't old....why would they fire him, quit or leave? Unless it's a small school but if you're at a big school that coach is never leaving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
Rookie

It is the best offer for your job.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str0mTropper
Well if you keep winning and the CPU HC is reaching the goals and he isn't old....why would they fire him, quit or leave? Unless it's a small school but if you're at a big school that coach is never leaving.

So true, it is a two edge sword. If you win as a DC/OC then your team will make little change at the HC spot, but if you lose then you will be fired as well. The best bet is go build your own resume then try to come back as the HC once the guy retires or has enough bad seasons. In my dynasty I had hoped to come back to UGA after that 1 season as the OC, so I waited for that opportunity to present itself. For me 3-4 years in the max I will stay as an OC/DC before I take a HC job. By that point you should have enough skill points to help you on the recruiting side of the skill tree and if you have won enough you will have offers from the better smaller schools.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
Pro

Sometimes winning as a OC/DC helps your HC to get a better job. You might then be offered the vacant HC job.

I started out as the OC at FIU. After 2 relatively successful seasons the HC got offered the HC job at West Virginia and I got promoted from OC to HC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »