Home

Is this game still worth the buy?

This is a discussion on Is this game still worth the buy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 19
Is this game still worth the buy?

I'm really missing my Madden game (traded in, doh! ) and I was thinking of rebuying it. Then I also thought of buying NCAA Football 2004 as well, because of the importing draft classes option. I've never owned a college football game, nor have I played this game, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. So, my question is, is this game still worth a buy, even with 2005 comming in the summer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2004, 11:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Is this game still worth the buy?

Quote:

dlballer said:
I'm really missing my Madden game (traded in, doh! ) and I was thinking of rebuying it. Then I also thought of buying NCAA Football 2004 as well, because of the importing draft classes option. I've never owned a college football game, nor have I played this game, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. So, my question is, is this game still worth a buy, even with 2005 comming in the summer?

If I was in your position I wouldnt buy just for the fact that In 3 months or less your going to be getting NCAA 2005, and I`m assuming NCAA 2004 and 2005 to be similar except for some new features new rosters of course and the gameplay tweaked.
But NCAA 2004 is the best football game ever and if you do buy it you cant go wrong, so if you really want to play it I would dfinentaly get it or you can but a much better upgraded version of it in the summer. Ethier way you cant go wrong.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #3
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

I would say it depends on the price. Like it's been said, 2005 comes out in about 3 months and I still see places that are selling 2004 at full price. If you could find it for around 20 or 30 dollars, I'd say go for it. It's a great game.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 19

I've seen it preowned for $36, EB Games, here I come. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Definatey, what the other two have said.

It's the best football game around, and if you can find it cheaper, go for it. The game itself is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2004, 01:01 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Its definitely worth buying, but as has been said I woudlnt' pay over $30 for it probably as the new one comes out soon. It's easily the best football game ever made and destroys ESPN and Madden both IMO.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:45 AM   #7
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

You can get a brand new copy from Half.com for around 30 bucks. You can get a used copy for even less than that.

NCAA 2004 at Half.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »