Home

More Info on NCAA College Football 2005,from IGN

This is a discussion on More Info on NCAA College Football 2005,from IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2004, 02:26 PM   #17
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: More Info on NCAA College Football 2005,from IGN

This is amazing. Man, I can't wait for this game!
Old 04-20-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Last year was my first time playing NCAA FOOTBALL. I really liked it and it was a good change of pace from MADDEN. The whole home field advantage thing got me intrigued to get it this year but now all this stuff about composure and hearing how deep the home field advantage stuff is......

I'm getting this game WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!

can't.....wait......to......be.....BYU

(I had the most success with em last year )
Old 04-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Still can't find Xanax Still Can't find Xanax... Going to explode...
Old 04-20-2004, 03:55 PM   #20
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

Composure...If this means new ratings...HOORAY!

However...

This just killed me:
"Former University of Pittsburgh star Larry Fitzgerald told us that normally he would use hand signals to communicate audibles while playing in hostile environments but crowd noise would force them to keep it pretty simple. However, he's a first round pick for good reason."

...and the good reason has nothing to do with the hand signals he uses. If Larry is using hand signals for Pitt, then almost every player on his team is using hand signals. Those guys aren't future All Pros (though they may be selling Alpo at WalMart someday, does that count?).

While Pitt runs a fairly sophisticated offense for a college team, any major conference team will use some sort of signalling to account for a loud environment. These teams play in big stadiums every Saturday, so it will be interesting to see how that's reflected.

Also I'm sure IGN meant this example as a generalization:
"If a true freshman is starting at quarterback for Florida at Neyland Stadium, he's going to be especially easy to rattle even before the defense starts riling up the Volunteer crowd."

At least, I sure hope so. Because Florida had a Freshman QB last season (Chris Leak), and he just so happened to be one of the most polished Freshman QBs in the history of the game. You don't go in to Death Valley and beat the 2003 LSU squad if you're easily rattled.

Bottom line -- there better be a player specific "Composure" attribute of some sort. And I'm sure there is, Jeff Luhr and the guys at Tiburon are some smart game designers. Overall, it seems like a feature which will really add to the game. Also, it would be nice if the stadium "Intesity" rankings are user-modifiable.

Composure is similar to what NFL 2k4 (nay ESPN Football) did with their consistency rating, but seemingly implemented to a much greater degree -- the Matchup stick is brilliant. Heck, it's also been hyped much better, and NCAA 2005 won't come out for another few months. Maybe ESPN will start hyping what they're doing with consistency for ESPN NFL 2005 a bit better this time

On that note...
Old 04-20-2004, 04:17 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

Wow. Composure! You can now ice the kicker! This is going to be freaking awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2004, 04:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope the fix some of the nagging issues that have been plaguing the series for the last few years such as:

1. QBs not getting rid of the ball. They often will go through their whole throwing animation before holding onto the ball and getting sacked instead of letting it go.

2. Inability to change player positions or recruit athletes.

3. Uneven Heisman difficulty that has the computer cheating and requires slider adjustments.

4. How easy it is to consistently recruit 5-star players after you become a powerhouse.

5. Lack of gang tackling

The new additions look great, though, and I can't wait for the game. The videos at IGN are great (like the new animation where the DB tips the ball to himself for the interception).
Old 04-20-2004, 04:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

oh dude, i didnt even think about the kicking possibilities. Of course playing D against a rattled QB could be interesting also. So many variables.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #24
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

ROSTER SIZE INCREASE, COT'DAMMIT!!!

AND PUT IN THE RIGHT JERSEY NUMBER FONT FOR MIAMI, BITCH!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »