Home

EA Sports rates...Tennessee??! biggest Homefield Advantage

This is a discussion on EA Sports rates...Tennessee??! biggest Homefield Advantage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #65
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: EA Sports rates...Tennessee??! biggest Homefield Advantage

Quote:

bama1992 said:
Maybe bragging about meaningless division co-championships makes Auburn fans and Ole Mrs. fans feel better about the fact that their teams haven't won a National Championship for almost half of a century.

(I should probably add that I have no love for LSU either)

Kind of like bragging about "close losses" and "moral victories" like your "Crumson Tahd" had last year going 4-9.

We may have choked last year...but at least we didn't lose to Northern Illinois and Hawaii.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2004, 12:03 PM   #66
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

bama1992 said:
Quote:

geaux_tigers said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

DoubleDeuce said:
Chill out dude you don't have to get all defensive. I'm just giving you my observations. I know Tiger Stadium rocks when the team is good and winning the game, but when they're not it's really not. There are a lot of frontrunners among LSU fans. In contrast, Auburn fans are loud and involved throughout the game, so they got the nod from me as creating the best home field advantage.

"Foe" national titles? Assuming you mean faux, as in not real, who should claim the titles those years? And the SEC sent Ole Miss an SEC Western Division championship trophy and it is listed as the co-champion in the official records. Congratulations on winning the tiebreaker, LSU had the better team (but not by much). I'll be back in Tiger Stadium this fall.

You're trying to reason with a homer LSU fan. I suggest letting him be and save yourself

I don't know how I was being homerish when everything I said was pretty much a fact. It would seem kind of cheezy if Ole Miss said that they were the co-champions, but it would be alright. But just claiming yourselves as SEC West Champions is bogus when you didn't even represent the West in the SEC title game. It offends me an a lot of other LSU fans, but it is just our opinion. And whoever said the stupid thing about LSU being paper champs needs to shut up. LSU went to the Sugar Bowl by the formula that was decided to be used before the season and we won. USC won the national championsip by receiving the most votes in the AP poll, a poll that has been aroung forever. Both teams are national champions, and I or no one else has any control over it. I was just talking some friendly smack like fans of rival schools do to each other. Double Deuce was cool about it, but then ProgrammedtoKill jumped on my back about it.

Also Dobule Deuce, I am looking forward to our baseball series coming up in May. Both teams are rqanked in the top 10 right now, Ole Miss is playing a little better than LSU is, but it should be a good series.

It is pathetic to claim an SEC West Championship unless your team actually plays in the SEC Championship Game. There is one exception to this rule: If your team had the best conference record but was not allowed to play in the SEC Championship Game due to NCAA sanctions.

So.....in a couple years its just going to be a 6-way tie for first?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:08 PM   #67
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

It could happen... In 1994, Texas A&M was ineligible to be SWC champs so Rice, TCU, Texas Tech and Texas all shared the conf championship. 4 way baby... Unfortunatley I never wear that ring...
Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 PM   #68
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

Big Ten had a four way in 2000(?). C-DOA had, what, eight basketball champs this year? And they play more games!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:11 PM   #69
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

HawaiiCoug said:
Quote:

Autzen Stadium bettter be in the top 25. If you dont belive me, just ask Michigan.

Quote:

Top 25? Better be top 10 or I will be a little upset.

Might want to talk to Washington State about this one. 55-16 on National TV...One week after Michigan..Ducks took such a bad beating by the Cougs, ABC wouldn't even let people watch the 2nd half.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? They played like [censored] and lost. But the atmosphere at Autzen is still way up there. Its not the size its the noise level and intensity.

Besides anyone who lost to Notre Dame last year cant say too much.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:21 PM   #70
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree... not every team wins when they play at home... But Autzen has to be one of the loudest stadiums... I can tell you from my experience Texas A&M is loud as bombs, TExas/Ou is loud, Texas Tech/A&M is loud in Lubbock and College Station.

I think that it needs to be understood that every team playing at home has homefield advantage except Houston and Rice when they play Texas in Houston. Loudness at stadiums has been measured over the years and can probably be put into statistics by some actuary out there. If so EA will find them to put it "in the game".
Old 04-30-2004, 01:30 PM   #71
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8

Okay, I've been following this topic and decided to input my "voice of reason"! I go to VT (NOT VaTech!!!!!!). It is true when can be kinda quite during some games, but if you haven't experienced Lane Stadium for yourself, you haven't seen anything. Many people have said how amazing the atmosphere is at VT (because we only have football). Lee Corso and Kirk have said that kinda stuff also. Before the Miami game, the ESPN announcers said this (the exact words of the ESPN Saturday Night Crew):

"Blacksburg Virginia. Folks we go to noisy stadiums
all around the country; I'm not sure we have ever been
in a scene were fans are anymore pumped then they are
right here tonight. Waiting right now for the Hokies
to take the field, they are jumping, they are screaming,
and its been this way for the last 30 minutes. Frank
Beamer waits in the tunnel, this is the date they have
pinpointed on the calendar for a very, very long time.
Here they come!"

Now, I haven't been to many other college football stadiums so all I have to rely on is word of mouth. I've been to UofM, MSU, and UT (when I was too young to remember though). VT was the loudest of the two Michigan teams.

Everyone is going to say their stadium is the loudest, and you know what, that is what makes college football special. Everyone has "their school" to talk great about.

It just looks like EA is going to base off the top schools by attendence (UT is one of the biggest).

Just my two cents,

Thanks,
DaHokieBird
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2004, 01:50 PM   #72
All Star

OVR: 14

Perfectly fine SEC joke and you guys go and ruin it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »