Home

Thoughts on create a playbooks feature

This is a discussion on Thoughts on create a playbooks feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thoughts on create a playbooks feature

It seems that Gamestar is a legit Mag and the poster defended himself well so this is my take on custom playbooks.

I feel EA will put a minimum amout of effort into this just to satisfy US and give us something basic. IMO this is what we will see...

A area to choose a team specific playbook or "blank" playbook. If we choose a team specific then we will be allowed to edit the current plays with in the formations. If we choose a "blank" playbook then we will be allowed to choose 10 formations and 12 plays per formations(4 rows of 3) out of a global playbook screen.

If this is all we get then I am happy. I thought, besides non-rotation conferences that not choosing your playbooks plays was tough to go through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 08:53 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Thoughts on create a playbooks feature

As long as they let you make your own playbook by choosing your own formations, I'll be ecstatic. I've never really cared about play editor or anything like that, but being able to make your own playbook is a very valuable feature.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Agree with the above. Be happy just to have those options. ALSO, looking forward to more defensive formations, IF indeed this is the case for 2005.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would also like to see a defensive playbook for the teams. As it is all the teams in NCAA can run any D they choose. It is just not realistic. I am aware of situation formations and team specific formations. ie A team whose base set is out of the 4-3 but playing against Texas Tech uses a three man line etc... This is a huge problem for the computor in dynasty. It cheats. I uses many pass plays out of the shotgun and the CPU usually runs a nickel as it should but if I call a draw the 4-4 comes out. If the CPU would assign teams specific defensive playbooks this would eliminate some of that cheating...well it made sense to me.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #5
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree, i'm not necessarily interested in a playbook editor or anything like that, i'd just like to see the ability to change the formations. Tennessee has a couple I formations, an Ace set, and a shotgun set. Need more than that for an effective offense.

I dont mind the multiple looks from the defenses, Tennessee runs whatever defense seems prudent at the time...4-3, 3-4, nickle (aka Mustang to Vol fans), and even some weird 2-5-4 Predator package that John Chavis designed to freak out Spurrier and Rex Grossman a couple years back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 07:21 PM   #6
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Personally, I'd like the ability to edit or create specific plays. There are numerous plays in the NCAA playbooks that make no sense whatsoever. I guess the coach in me would rather use my own offense rather than a bunch of generic plays that were randomly thrown together. When I play Madden I only use my custom playbooks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »