Home

Now that NCAA is on XBox live..how many of you will "Defect" to XBOX?

This is a discussion on Now that NCAA is on XBox live..how many of you will "Defect" to XBOX? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2004, 10:30 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Now that NCAA is on XBox live..how many of you will \"Defect\" to XB

Quote:

longhorn35 said:
2005 is not going to be on xbax live... this point is moot for this forum...

and you know this how? You work for EA?
Old 05-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #58
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

there is no evidence stating that 2005 will be XBOX Live ready... In the latest Gamestar article it states that the "dirty diapers" between MS and EA will prevent it from being hot this year.

This is a read from ncaa utopia...

Did IGN (and us!) jump the gun regarding EA and Xbox Live?

Two weeks ago we reported as if it were fact that EA and Microsoft had reached an agreement and that NCAA Football 2005 and Madden 2005 would surely be playable on Xbox Live based on information posted on IGN.

Well we should probably recant that statement for the time being and say that it is merely a possibility that NCAA and Madden will be on XBL.

If you remember, the IGN article including the following statement.

“The Redwood City, Ca.-based publisher will announce its strategy at the annual Electronic Entertainment Exposition this May, but it may reveal plans earlier to investors this April 29, during its upcoming fiscal announcement.”

Well that investor meeting came and went and the only thing that came out of it was more denials from EA that any deal has been reached.

“However, in the near term, EA remains reticent about supporting Microsoft's Xbox Live online service. When asked about supporting Xbox Live with its titles in the coming fiscal year, Jenson and Probst bucked recent rumors by simply stating that EA is still discussing the matter with Microsoft. EA representatives have offered similar responses when addressing the question of Xbox Live support in previous quarters.”

I remember similar rumors about EA going on Xbox Live right around this time last year as well and we all got burned after getting caught up in the excitement. While the information this year appears to be at least a little more plausible, I personally am going to hold back on endorsing IGN’s statements for now.

I do not think it will happen... Show me where it says it will...
Old 05-06-2004, 11:17 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:

longhorn35 said:
there is no evidence stating that 2005 will be XBOX Live ready... In the latest Gamestar article it states that the "dirty diapers" between MS and EA will prevent it from being hot this year.

This is a read from ncaa utopia...

Did IGN (and us!) jump the gun regarding EA and Xbox Live?

Two weeks ago we reported as if it were fact that EA and Microsoft had reached an agreement and that NCAA Football 2005 and Madden 2005 would surely be playable on Xbox Live based on information posted on IGN.

Well we should probably recant that statement for the time being and say that it is merely a possibility that NCAA and Madden will be on XBL.

If you remember, the IGN article including the following statement.

“The Redwood City, Ca.-based publisher will announce its strategy at the annual Electronic Entertainment Exposition this May, but it may reveal plans earlier to investors this April 29, during its upcoming fiscal announcement.”

Well that investor meeting came and went and the only thing that came out of it was more denials from EA that any deal has been reached.

“However, in the near term, EA remains reticent about supporting Microsoft's Xbox Live online service. When asked about supporting Xbox Live with its titles in the coming fiscal year, Jenson and Probst bucked recent rumors by simply stating that EA is still discussing the matter with Microsoft. EA representatives have offered similar responses when addressing the question of Xbox Live support in previous quarters.”

I remember similar rumors about EA going on Xbox Live right around this time last year as well and we all got burned after getting caught up in the excitement. While the information this year appears to be at least a little more plausible, I personally am going to hold back on endorsing IGN’s statements for now.

I do not think it will happen... Show me where it says it will...

well, i can see reasons why it wouldn't come out at their annual meetings. Well, it could have and they've been instructed to keep it hush hush. We'll know for sure next week.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:03 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

driddy said:
xbox all the way, but I find it humorous that so many of you are trying to convince yourselves that ps2 online is even close to xbox live's equal.

I'd like to know how it's not equal if you're on broadband once you add a headset to PS2. How is Live better? The only thing I can think of is a gamer tag that follows you around, but that's not a gameplay issue.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:28 PM   #61
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I owed both online servies and they are both the same, I have BroadBand and I have had no lag playing any of my PS2 games online. I'll tell you what I had alot more disconects when playing Xbox Live then when playing Ps2 online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2004, 11:51 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 18

broadband all the way equals lag free play(most of the time)

and the dashboard features are very interesting
Old 05-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #63
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

emalloy3 said:
Does XBOX live cost money?
If so why pay to play online?

It's not free to play PS2 online. You do have to buy the network adapter, right?

Good point - xboe live 100 bucks(paid to date and going up)

ps2 - 39 paid to date and not moving

PS2 is not free but its cheeper in the long run.

I gladly pay the 50 bux a year for LIVE gaming. yes PS2 is one time fee(for now) but the one time fee is Adaptor and memory card, not just adaptor.

In any case I have had zero problems with LIVE and the experience is great.

LOL - I have a strange feeling we have both been on the same bridge before.

lol Yeah we have....
Oh well it's all good. Just wish the games would get here! Football releases excite me like no other sports releases. I'll have ESPM, NCAA and very possibly Madden. They all offer different things and I'm pumped.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:51 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:

FootballForever said:
I owed both online servies and they are both the same, I have BroadBand and I have had no lag playing any of my PS2 games online. I'll tell you what I had alot more disconects when playing Xbox Live then when playing Ps2 online.

might have been your broadband service. I had more problems with xbl when we used to have Verizon DSL. Since we switched to SBC Yahoo, my xbl has been smooth as silk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »