Home

Fastest QB in 2005

This is a discussion on Fastest QB in 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2004, 09:47 AM   #25
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Fastest QB in 2005

Why does it matter who the fastest QB is? The only people that care are the same people that will just run around every play and make the games incredibly boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Should be McNeal, he ran a 4.38 a few weeks ago.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #27
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Reggie McNeal, Marcus Vick and DJ Shockley will be fast.

What about Rasheed Marshall from WVU??
Old 05-10-2004, 01:23 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

News to ya all.... EA doesn't care about 40 times.

That's why Organ State had Newsome at 99 sp.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #29
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Why does it matter who the fastest QB is? The only people that care are the same people that will just run around every play and make the games incredibly boring.

I think if you use it sparingly and realistically, having a fast QB makes the game much more fun, and adds another option to your game. Some people probably use it every other play, and it gets lame.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #30
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

CrHawkeye said:
News to ya all.... EA doesn't care about 40 times.

That's why Organ State had Newsome at 99 sp.

I'm gonna resist the Organ State jokes...

Who knows where EA gets some of their info, but that's another story.

The fastest QB in NCAA 2005 will inevitably be wrong again this year. But that's why they allow us to edit the rosters, don't they?

Vince Young is a "loper", but he's more quick and agile than fast. I bet he's a 4.5 guy on grass. You always should be skeptical of a college's hand-timed 40 numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if McNeal is actually a 4.45 guy. Brad Smith is just a great runner, but he's no faster than a 4.5.

Xavier Lee and Rocky Hinds are probably the two fastest top incoming freshmen QBs. Lee is such an athlete -- looked great as a receiver in the US Army game. But I would not be surprised if he's actually closer to 4.5 than 4.3. Hinds is supposedly real fast, but I honestly haven't seen him.

Josh Cribbs, the Kent State moron, isn't coming back and playing this year. Last I heard, he's on his way to jail. But he was fast.

Marcus Vick is not nearly as quick or agile as his brother but has nice straight-line speed. EA had him as an 80 SPD last year and that's about right.

What EA needs is to do a better job of differntiating ACC and speed better, in both Madden and NCAA. They did a much better job of giving QBs more accurate speed ratings last year, but you don't see enough guys in either game, at any position (except linemen in Madden), with high acc and average spd. Reggie Williams does not run a 4.2 40 (97 Speed?), but is incredibly quick.

One of the first things I'm gonna look for at E3 is how they rate the quickness of OL/TEs in NCAA 2005. If we're lucky, we'll also get a look at how quick/fast they make the built-in recruits this year. RBs were great, but WRs, CBs, Safeties and LBs were too fast, while TEs and OL weren't nearly quick enough.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

yea, don't forget Marques Hagans from UVA, not the fastest, but he's so incredibly quick and shifty it's rediculous. when i see him in open space all i think of is Santana Moss without as much straight line speed.

he had an 86 spd last yr, but they had him at WR (though i played him at QB some he had good pass ratings, in the 70s i believe).

anyway, he should be an 88 spd, 94 agility, 90 acc guy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Should be Vick, he is the fastest player on the field. When he lined up at WR in our bowl game he burned the Cal DB's easily every time. His awareness is what will hold him down a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »