Home

concerned that NCAA is not getting as much gameplay enhancement as MAD

This is a discussion on concerned that NCAA is not getting as much gameplay enhancement as MAD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2004, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
concerned that NCAA is not getting as much gameplay enhancement as MAD

i have read that madden has all sorts of ways to make defensive matchups, move your defense around, they all ready have playmaker. It appears that you can control your players in so many more ways than NCAA. These all seem like nice gameplay enhancements. I have always preferred NCAA to madden b/c of the supierior atmosphere and different styles of play. But i would like to see the gameplay controls to be ported over as well. To me it seems the improvements to NCAA are to atmosphere (which is nice, but already a strength) such as the crowd meter at home, etc.

Is NCAA not getting the attention that madden is getting in development?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 12:05 PM   #2
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: concerned that NCAA is not getting as much gameplay enhancement as

NCAA could honestly do nothing to the defense and I would be absolutely thrilled. Madden had a lot of catching up to do in that department. It is fun playing defense in NCAA, while Madden is was an aweful, pain stricken adventure with impossible chances of getting a turnover.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:

elicoleman said:
NCAA could honestly do nothing to the defense and I would be absolutely thrilled. Madden had a lot of catching up to do in that department. It is fun playing defense in NCAA, while Madden is was an aweful, pain stricken adventure with impossible chances of getting a turnover.

I agree with you on that one. Every other week or so I put Madden in, and tell myself, "Just give it another shot." Then 15 minutes later I pull it and put NCAA in because playing defense on Madden drives me nuts. I swear every DB in that game scored an 11 on the Wonderlick test.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Also remember this NCAA is always at least a year behind MADDEN in terms of implementing new gameplay elements. It doesn't really matter anyways because NCAA is the most sound of all the football titles out there.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:18 PM   #5
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

NCAA and Madden are done by 2 different groups and I believe that they are really trying to give each game its own identity...that's why you are not going to get the same improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Surfsup009 said:
Quote:

elicoleman said:

I agree with you on that one. Every other week or so I put Madden in, and tell myself, "Just give it another shot." Then 15 minutes later I pull it and put NCAA in because playing defense on Madden drives me nuts. I swear every DB in that game scored an 11 on the Wonderlick test.

Once I got the right sliders on All-Madden, the game was a pleasure to play. I think 2004 got a bad rap. 2003 sucked big time for me, but 2004 WITH TWEAKING became a great game. The stats were terrific and those magical big plays rarely happened.

It was a tough one to find the right sliders though.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Re: concerned that NCAA is not getting as much gameplay enhancement as MAD

true....defensive AI and control have been better on NCAA and that is the most important thing....but it would be nice to have the enhanced controls

strange that the 2 games are developed by 2 different development houses....that seems like a waste of resources. A big profit hungry company like EA would seem to want to maximize platform sharing and code sharing to minimize expense and maximize profit.

Other people suggest that ncaa is based on prior year madden. So that statement suggests they are using base madden code. Perhaps a separate development team tweaks the base engine (and they apparently are much more adept than the madden guys).
Old 05-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #8
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: concerned that NCAA is not getting as much gameplay enhancement as MAD

NCAA would have been fine if they left the defense alone.....................AND ADDED MORE PLAYS!!!! I hope that we have a very good amount of variety in the defense now..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »