Home

Nothing about gameplay is being written.....

This is a discussion on Nothing about gameplay is being written..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Nothing about gameplay is being written.....

Makes me suspicious. This game needs a total overhaul in regards to the running game and I haven't seen this addressed at all. Too much focus on cosmetic gimmicks that don't mean anything. No information on offensive or defensive line play. How about improving an extremely boring running game and having star backs that can carry the ball for more than 3 times in a row without being so winded D-lineman run them down. What about AI that actually calls a game according to the real life tendacies of the teams. I don't give a sh... if my controller starts shaking when Im playing an away game. Come on, enough of the goofiness.

ohiost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Nothing about gameplay is being written.....

well, there have been hands on impressions about the movement of the ball carrier.

But, I'm with you. Those are the things I'm most interested in along with Dynasty.

Don't worry. Next couple days we'll be getting gameplay info from a zillion different sources(amateur and professional).
Old 05-14-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

ohiost said:
Makes me suspicious. This game needs a total overhaul in regards to the running game and I haven't seen this addressed at all. Too much focus on cosmetic gimmicks that don't mean anything. No information on offensive or defensive line play. How about improving an extremely boring running game and having star backs that can carry the ball for more than 3 times in a row without being so winded D-lineman run them down. What about AI that actually calls a game according to the real life tendacies of the teams. I don't give a sh... if my controller starts shaking when Im playing an away game. Come on, enough of the goofiness.

ohiost

You havent been paying enough attention. Ea completely rewrote the running game.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I don't understand the problem with the running game. I guess we all have different things we wish were better in a particular game, but a complete overhaul, I don't know.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

8bit,

Is that correct? If so that's great. Where can I get this info?

Thank you.

ohiost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll go back and try to find it, but more than one thing has been written about the improved momentum modeling of the players. You can't stop on a dime anymore--a player's speed and ability (as well as real physics) play a huge role now.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

There is no doubt in my mind that I will be playing this game for months and months. I also feel that this will be the best game by far, but the one thing I will be disappointed with if it's not in the game, is not being able to recruit in-season. They have basically told us all there is to know about what dynasty mode and recruiting will be like. However, ESPN College Basketball to me set the standard as far as how recruiting should be. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if in season recruiting was tied in to the home field advantage aspect of the game. Having the #1 player in the nation at your game against your rival and seeing how raucus the crowd is and the atmosphere. Being able to send out official and unofficial visits during the year and having recruits commit during the season. We all know that most blue chippers don't take their visits until after the season, but just to get a top dog to your game on an unofficial would give you a chance to score one of his 5 officials. That would be lovely, but it looks like we'll have to wait on thta again!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »