Home

One thing that has NOT been discussed: "Mindreader" AI Defense

This is a discussion on One thing that has NOT been discussed: "Mindreader" AI Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2004, 10:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: One thing that has NOT been discussed: \"Mindreader\" AI Defense

Let's be honest, most AI cheat.. The problem is that I have never seen a game that makes it so obvious as NCAA. Sometimes the dynasty mode and recruiting is more fun that the actual game because of this
Old 05-17-2004, 10:57 PM   #18
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
Let's be honest, most AI cheat.. The problem is that I have never seen a game that makes it so obvious as NCAA. Sometimes the dynasty mode and recruiting is more fun that the actual game because of this

especially on hesimen i mean every single time you play everything goes against you , it is like having a bad game all year, it is also bad that on the heismen level ohio state and east carolina play at the same level. i usually win any way but wheter it is furman or ohio state it is always something like 17-14
Old 05-18-2004, 02:01 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Game: Me??? Cheating??? Pftt..why,why I'm appaualled!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here's a suggestion - If you call a run to the left, and the defense shifts left, then call an audible TO THE LEFT. It only makes sense that the defense will shift right, anticipating that you will audible away from the original shift. Have any of you guys ever played football before? This happens all the time. You just have to be smarter than a freakin' computer chip. Same with run/pass audibles. If you call a run up the middle, and the defense stacks the box, then call another RUN UP THE MIDDLE. The defense will likely back-off, anticipating that you chose a pass play. You will be pleasently surprised with the results.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #21
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

BleedPurple said:
Here's a suggestion - If you call a run to the left, and the defense shifts left, then call an audible TO THE LEFT. It only makes sense that the defense will shift right, anticipating that you will audible away from the original shift. Have any of you guys ever played football before? This happens all the time. You just have to be smarter than a freakin' computer chip. Same with run/pass audibles. If you call a run up the middle, and the defense stacks the box, then call another RUN UP THE MIDDLE. The defense will likely back-off, anticipating that you chose a pass play. You will be pleasently surprised with the results.

Bro...I'm not trying to get in an argument with you...but do this....

Come out in Shotgun 5 WR and call a QB Draw....watch the defense come out in a 4-3 defense.

Then...call Shotgun 5 WR and call a pass play...watch the Defense come out in Dime.

I'm not saying that a defense can't pick up on audibles, etc. But come on man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2004, 10:59 AM   #22
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

BleedPurple said:

I think you may have missed the whole point. The Computer is just that a computer and obviously knows what you call on every play. It just shouldn't use that information the way it does sometimes.

So it really doesnt matter what you change to. It will always know what you called. It's the simple fact that we would like to see it not use that information against us on such a regular basis.

Old 05-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #23
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

ochoco said:
Quote:

BleedPurple said:

I think you may have missed the whole point. The Computer is just that a computer and obviously knows what you call on every play. It just shouldn't use that information the way it does sometimes.

So it really doesnt matter what you change to. It will always know what you called. It's the simple fact that we would like to see it not use that information against us on such a regular basis.

Well said. The AI playcalling must be kept honest and something should be done about it.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 AM   #24
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

BleedPurple said:

you're the Bear Bryant of video game coaching

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »