Home

medical red-shirt

This is a discussion on medical red-shirt within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2004, 03:50 PM   #17
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: medical red-shirt

Quote:

millikin54 said:
Quote:

kodiak said:
If you have not used up a redshirt then there is no need to file for a medical redshirt as teams just use the traditional redshirt. That is why they have the 5 yr rule.

You can't play in a year and use a regular redshirt. Example, if a True-Frosh player is injured for the entire season during the opening kickoff of the first game of the season, he cannot use a traditional redshirt for that year. He would have to have a mdeical redshirt approved by the NCAA, otherwise he would only have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

You dont say. Why would a reg red shirt be playing to begin with? I never said you could use a regular RS if you played now did I? Know what you read before you post
Old 05-25-2004, 12:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Why would a reg red shirt be playing to begin with? I never said you could use a regular RS if you played now did I?

That's exactly what you said:

Quote:

If you have not used up a redshirt then there is no need to file for a medical redshirt as teams just use the traditional redshirt.

You can't use a traditional redshirt if the player has already played in the season. You have to apply for a medical redshirt from the ncaa. If you've already used a traditional redshirt for nonmedical reasons in a previous season that request is usually denied. If you haven't already used a tradional redshirt in a previous season that request is almost always aproved as long as the criteria listed earlier is met.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:05 AM   #19
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about having played in a game. Learn to read. I know the rules as friends and teammates had to go through the proceedings for a medical redshirt. I also stated above that getting the 6th year was what is normally the hard one to get.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:22 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:

If you have not used up a redshirt then there is no need to file for a medical redshirt as teams just use the traditional redshirt.

If you know the rules why did you make the above quoted statement?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:43 AM   #21
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Ok simpleton, I was referring to those who have not played. Once you play just one second(which means a minute in basketball, a play from scrimmage in football, a plate appearance or when you take a place in the field in baseball, I know that the rules change then. Also, I will take it a step further for people THAT HAVE NOT PLAYED(glad you know more about my mind than I do btw) If you get hurt in preseason and I will use basketball as my example, you dont have to declare redshirt status before the season starts. You also can be removed from redshirt status and resume playing. Damn I did not know I had to be so flucking literal in here. I apologize MR NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2004, 01:56 AM   #22
Rookie

Your apology is accepted. Carry on.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:40 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

kodiak said:
...glad you know more about my mind than I do btw...

Then you apparently did a poor job of explaining what your mind was processing. Considering the fact that the topic of this thread specifically pertains to a "medical redshirt," and that noone had asked about regular redshirts, it would not be logical to simply deduce that you were referring to preseason injuries or other uses of non-medical redshirts without you saying that you were doing so.

Before you criticize others for trying to be helpful, perhaps you should reread the posts (including your own) and try to determine if a person that doesn't "know about [your] mind" will understand the point that you are trying to make.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:03 PM   #24
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Uh ok whatever

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »