Home

Dynasty Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dynasty Ideas

So I find myself constantly creating new dynasties playing with new teams because I simply get bored too quickly so I am looking for some new dynasty ideas to keep me entertained for a while. First thing that came to my mind was take a small school 1 or 2 stars and try to run an oregon like offense which means I play with speed and recruit speed. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Any input is appreciated here. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dynasty Ideas

right now I am leaning towards playing with a smaller school but I'd like to be in a decent conference. I am also contemplating starting off as a coordinator. Not sure if anyone has done this. ANy suggestions?
Old 01-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Potential Teams

Wake Forest: probably the worst team in the ACC
Purdue: probably the worst team in the Big Ten
Iowa State or Kansas: Big 12 Rebuilding Projects
Temple: cool rebuild, not sure about American conference
UTSA: all around bad team, C-USA is probably a challenge for them
Idaho and New Mexico State: independents, freedom of schedule
Kent State: are they even real? definitely a challenge, not sure about MAC
UNLV: probably worst team in the MWC
Colorado or Washington State: challenging rebuild in tough Pac 12
Vanderbilt: challenging rebuild in tough SEC
Georgia State: probably the full rebuild experience, Sun Belt is weak

so these are teams I'm currently considering but I would consider another school this is just off the top of my head. Let me know what you guys think, it'd be cool to play in a big stadium or have cool uniforms but it is not needed. I just want to have a lot of fun with this
Old 01-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
Just started!

Section7Champs's Arena

Instead of starting a new dynasty every time you get bored, try looking in the coaching carousel during the offseason and taking a new job somewhere else. Start off somewhere small, like you said, as a coordinator and after a season or two there try to get a job as a head coach. Make your alma mater one of your favorite teams and make it a goal to try and get a job there.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
Rookie

I really like that suggestion thank you. Now I've noticed a lot of people have mixed feelings about rosters and sliders. Does anyone have a roster and slider set that creates a realistic yet enjoyable playing experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #6
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTAZ1965
I really like that suggestion thank you. Now I've noticed a lot of people have mixed feelings about rosters and sliders. Does anyone have a roster and slider set that creates a realistic yet enjoyable playing experience?
Head over to the slider forum and try some out. Play a few test games and see what you like
Old 01-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
Head over to the slider forum and try some out. Play a few test games and see what you like
I've tried a few and haven't yet found a set that I fell in love with. Whose sliders do you use and do you like them?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I have been playing all default heisman and loving the way the game has been playing out.

As for getting bored you could try some "House Rules" to limit what you are doing. I always start as a OC at a 1 star school. I have a rule that I can't take a HC job until I have 10 skill points at any 3*+ program or 5 skill points for a 2 or 1 star. See the "House Rules" thread for more ideas.

Try limiting you roster total to 60 scholarship players. This will force you to recruit each position differently. It will challenge your depth and limit the number of red shirts you use. You will get walk-ons and the random players that sign that you never recruit so you will have to cut players or I keep them since most are rated very low.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »