Home

Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over Ncaa?

This is a discussion on Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over Ncaa? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2004, 03:43 PM   #9
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over Ncaa?

Quote:

HardcoreBoiler said:
I just read that interview with the producer of Madden, and it sounds like a crap load of things have been added to Madden this year. And what are we stuck with, wow a shaky screen for HFA, and some uncomposed players. There have been a few minor changes to Dynasty but all of us really want some revamped gameplay! The game for the most part has felt and looked pretty much the same for the last two years and doesn't look like it's going to be change. What's up with Ncaa getting the shaft? It seems like the fans keep getting screwed.

NCAA gameplay is ahead of Madden's. I wouldn't be mad at all if the gameplay played like last years. The only thing they should tweak is the CPU running the ball more and CPU played more agressive defense against the run. Other than that, I'm happy
Old 06-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over Ncaa?

I guess I didn't word it right. I obviously like Ncaa's gameplay way better than Madden. But it seems like the same problems are always there and they don't really make an effort to fix them. Madden adds a new bigtime element to gameplay every year. The hit stick sounds awesome. The matchup stick seems kinda lame.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #11
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone else tired of More improvements being made to Madden over N

Madden gets all the features, which feeds marketing hype. NCAA on the other hand, is all about the gameplay. I like that the NCAA team is very selective of what features they add and more importantly, what features they don't add. The Madden team is so focused on having more features than ESPN football that they forgot about what's really important, the gameplay.

NCAA seems to have more direction than madden. I get the feeling that the NCAA team knows exactly what they need to do to improve their game and they have a plan. If a feature doesn't make the game more fun and realistic, then the NCAA team doesn't add it. Madden's features are driven more by the marketing department than by hard core football game players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #12
Rookie

I give up my arguement as I see it's going nowhere.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:10 PM   #13
Rookie

are you an illini fan also?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hardboiler,

I totally agree with you. Gotta watch what you say though because anything considered negative, even if constructive, against an EA product is grounds for all out war in these forums, unfortunately.
This game is over-rated IMHO. Running game sucks period. Has forever. Hardly any broken tackles, running in place, no running outside, run blocking in general, great backs tiring after 2-3 carries, fumbles getting launched 35-40 yards, computer AI playcalling, very limited animations, same engine as Madden 2000, no gang tackling, too many teams playing exactly the same, QB accuracy, conveniently dropped passes by wide open recievers rated in the 90's, very limited open field running, etc, etc.
If this game didn't have great atmosphere people would look at it totally different. You know the old saying "Love is Blind", well, it certainly holds true in NCAA's case.
I just don't get it. The AI in this game is horrible on both sides of the ball. This game is just way too pass happy with too many recievers or backs going down after 1st contact. College ball is full of spectacular plays with guys breaking lots of tackles and getting loose in the open field.
This game has fallen victim to it's own success and has focused on nothing but fluff and atmosphere for 3-4 years now. You can definately tell VC isn't making a college game anymore. Madden has had to finally implement changes because they now have competition from someone.
Feel free to look up some of my old posts and you'll see you aren't alone brother.

ohiost
Old 06-02-2004, 05:27 PM   #15
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

ohiost said:
Hardboiler,

I totally agree with you. Gotta watch what you say though because anything considered negative, even if constructive, against an EA product is grounds for all out war in these forums, unfortunately.
This game is over-rated IMHO. Running game sucks period. Has forever. Hardly any broken tackles, running in place, no running outside, run blocking in general, great backs tiring after 2-3 carries, fumbles getting launched 35-40 yards, computer AI playcalling, very limited animations, same engine as Madden 2000, no gang tackling, too many teams playing exactly the same, QB accuracy, conveniently dropped passes by wide open recievers rated in the 90's, very limited open field running, etc, etc.
If this game didn't have great atmosphere people would look at it totally different. You know the old saying "Love is Blind", well, it certainly holds true in NCAA's case.
I just don't get it. The AI in this game is horrible on both sides of the ball. This game is just way too pass happy with too many recievers or backs going down after 1st contact. College ball is full of spectacular plays with guys breaking lots of tackles and getting loose in the open field.
This game has fallen victim to it's own success and has focused on nothing but fluff and atmosphere for 3-4 years now. You can definately tell VC isn't making a college game anymore. Madden has had to finally implement changes because they now have competition from someone.
Feel free to look up some of my old posts and you'll see you aren't alone brother.

ohiost

"cocaine is a hell of a drug"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 05:33 PM   #16
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

timmg said:
Quote:

ohiost said:
Hardboiler,

ohiost

"cocaine is a hell of a drug"

Am I connected to EA in any sort of way. Of course not, and there is no bias here. It is simple, this game could go without any gameplay improvements, and most people would be just happy. Face it, its the best sports game out there, and maybe the best game ever and why mess with a good thing. You say nothing but fluff has been added over the last 3-4 but there is no way you can tell me that it has been the same gameplay since NCAA 2001.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »