Home

New Info for 2005?

This is a discussion on New Info for 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2004, 05:07 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: New Info for 2005?

Quote:

8bit said:
i read somewhere that if you dont cut your players when they skip class, and your program integrity goes down, it all adds up, and the ncaa may even make you illegible to play in a bowl game!!!

Yeah, and you can't read their hand writing either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2004, 05:10 PM   #42
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

fistofrage said:
Quote:

8bit said:
i read somewhere that if you dont cut your players when they skip class, and your program integrity goes down, it all adds up, and the ncaa may even make you illegible to play in a bowl game!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 10:16 AM   #43
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

fistofrage said:
Quote:

8bit said:

Too funny! FYI 8bit, the word you're looking for is "ineligible."
Old 06-04-2004, 09:02 PM   #44

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I hate to burst ya'lls bubble, but the feature "custom playoffs" sounds more like something that the user will be able to make up himself, or in other words its "custom."

Meaning this is a feature that you can use in regular gameplay mode and not necessarily in dynasty mode. I hope I am wrong, but I tend to think this is the correct definition of the Custom Playoffs Feature.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:44 AM   #45
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Deegeezy said:
I hate to burst ya'lls bubble, but the feature "custom playoffs" sounds more like something that the user will be able to make up himself, or in other words its "custom."

Meaning this is a feature that you can use in regular gameplay mode and not necessarily in dynasty mode. I hope I am wrong, but I tend to think this is the correct definition of the Custom Playoffs Feature.

If it was in regular gameplay mode, don't you think it would be called a tournament rather than playoffs? I think the custom part could be your choice of four-team, eight-team, or sixteen-team playoffs. I could be wrong; we all could be wrong, but playoffs sounds like a dynasty feature to me. Either way, I won't be using it, so I really don't care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2004, 02:32 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
- Player skills will indeed go up or down from week to week

I am glad thats in there but I am scared that it will be done completely wrong. It scares me that they will go way overboard with this on statistical performance. I definaltly think that players that play more should improve. But I don't think that if my 60 rated running back runs for 150 yards a game behind an all 90s senior offensive line that he should be rated 99 by the end of the year. He should go up due to exerience but not due to success. The success was due to the O-line. If the O-line graduates they should have a problem running the football the next year but they wont if the no talent running back is to big a benificiary of being in the right place at the right time as far as ratings go.

Or consider me putting 11 men in the box every play against you. Does this mean your running back drops from 99 to 90 because he rushed for -9 yards on 2 carries. And your qb and recievers go from 70 to 99 because you threw for 1100 yards and 19 TDs. This results had little to due with your players and everything to due with my strategy. Individual success, and least STATISTICAL success, in football had more to due with the other players on your team and your team strategy and the players and strategies that you play against than anything. I think going up a few points on the year due to experience is great. I think a moderate gain over the year due to success statistically would be OK. But I have a feeling we are going to be able to exploit this and bacially choose players to single out on our teams to have huge improvements simply by the strategy we choose. We shouldn't really be able to do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »