Home

Anyone Ever Create a New Original Offense?

This is a discussion on Anyone Ever Create a New Original Offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone Ever Create a New Original Offense?

I'm not talking about a hybrid of an offense or anything. The only one I might recognize is the triple-shoot. I'm talking about an original offense, and what was the scheme and strategies behind it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 12:04 AM   #2
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Re: Anyone Ever Create a New Original Offense?

I made a triple shoot playbook not too long ago. I had to do some researching tho. Its a fun offense. I also made a jet-flexbone sweep offense and Joe Gibbs and Dennis Erickson singleback offenses. Oh I almost forgot. FSU Fastbreak offense that made to the #2 spot on simsports out of like 2000 submitted custom playbooks.

Right now I am working on I guess what you can call a H-back offense where you can motion the TE in the backfield. I been going along and getting all the formations that can allow me to do it.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:12 AM   #3
Rookie

The offense I'm using now is a single back offense that runs a lot of sets highlighting the TE and doesn't go above 3 WR at a time. Most single back sets are gonna use a variety of spread and other 4 and sometimes 5 WR sets. I never go above 3 WR, which was the goal when coming up with this, along with a more creative running game. Mine has a mix of a spread feel but incorporates a ton of power football in the two TE formations, with the power O being the basis of my running game. Both of my TE's are exceptional pass catches, so I split them out wide in the slot for my shotgun game.

What's fun about this offense is that, with 5 QB ACC, I used to start out hitting the middle routes before I started crushing the opponents with my speed guys outside. Now with my TE's being a matchup nightmare over the middle, I float streaks and posts to them, sometimes with devastating play action and sometimes with traditional passing.

In real life, this type of offense works well (and is used by coaches like Bellichek) because with a set of pass catching TE's in the huddle I could be running a deep pass or a smashmouth run play and you can't tell based on my personnel.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
I'm not talking about a hybrid of an offense or anything. The only one I might recognize is the triple-shoot. I'm talking about an original offense, and what was the scheme and strategies behind it.
I done a triple shoot right up. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-writeup.html
Old 01-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

In an old save with Buffalo I started a new offense using the BYU offensive playbook and using 60% passes with tons of motion with the receivers, keeping the defense on their feet.

Joe Licata passed for almost 4,000 yards with this offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Working on one currently. Struggling a little bit to put the finishing touches on it but it is a pistol based offense that uses a flexbone style running game and air raid style passing game. I have tested and tested and the base concepts flow very smoothly I just need some short yardage, redzone, and trick plays to add some spice. I also need to give it a name. Any suggestions are more than welcome.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
Rookie

Flex-raid? Air-bone? lol
Old 01-19-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnaked
Flex-raid? Air-bone? lol
I made a half jet sweep and flexbone playbook aka flexsweep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »