Home

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL????

This is a discussion on HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 12:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL????

Quote:

hogfan said:
THe one thing you have to consider is, there is no recruiting/draft in High School(for the most part).

So it would be interesting to see how you improve your program.

De La Salle recuits
Old 06-08-2004, 12:06 AM   #18
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

SSilentstorm7 said:
Quote:

hogfan said:
THe one thing you have to consider is, there is no recruiting/draft in High School(for the most part).

Oh your innocent ingnorence. If you think that there is no recruting into the big time football high schools you might want to think again. But you are right they couldn't allow it to be in the game.

Yup Yup. Its there but... "Even if thats it the game, it wouldnt be in the Game"
Old 06-08-2004, 12:09 AM   #19
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:

ReDALeRT2317 said:
Quote:

hogfan said:

De La Salle recuits

well for every de la salle there are 20 other schools who do not recruit
Old 06-08-2004, 12:11 AM   #20
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8

I think it'd be really hard to pull this off. Front Office Football The College Years had over 14,000 public HS. They did not include the catholic or prep schools. Now imagine EA trying to implement all that into a game. Then you would have to get permission from the various state athletic associations. I just can't see a game like this coming out on a console. It sounds more like a management PC game a la Championship Manager.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:17 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

They will probably pick like the top 10 high schools of each state and then add a create a school option to customize your own high school. It would be cool if you could have a "Principals Mode" instead of "Owners Mode", and you would have to make sure your players remained academically eligible to play, while putting expenses towards band and cheerleading equipment for entertainment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 12:20 AM   #22
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

that's whay i said "for the most part".

Outside of private schools, you aren't going to have many players who were actually recruited.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:21 AM   #23
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

Quote:

ultimatewrstlr51 said:
They will probably pick like the top 10 high schools of each state and then add a create a school option to customize your own high school. It would be cool if you could have a "Principals Mode" instead of "Owners Mode", and you would have to make sure your players remained academically eligible to play, while putting expenses towards band and cheerleading equipment for entertainment

Principals Mode... Bleh! Maybe allow you to start as assistant coach and work your way up.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:33 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Meatloaf86 said:

it be insane to have a HS game. it would probably have to be by state though. there over at least 2-3 million HS i'd guess.

I think the number of high school football programs would be more like 2,000. I had an online buudy who I talked football with on IM and he said there were only about 140 HS programs in his home state of West Virginia. I think there were about 750 in my home state of Ohio and Ohio is about the 7th biggest state in population. There might be more like 3,000 in California but there are only 50 states and most would only have a few hundred.

Still, there is absolutely no way anybody could ever do anything resembling an accurate roster with that many teams. Even if every school were generic you couldn't save any stats. I doubt even a mid size state by itself could save on one memory card. I'd bet even with next gen consoles arriving soon there would just be too many limiting factors even if all the schools were generic in everything except name and logo. I think maybe they have something else in mind than what we are thinking. DII, DIII, and NAIA schools are not in NCAA. If they go for real high schools its going to be the Concord De La Salles of the world that are in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »