Home

Question about program integrity?

This is a discussion on Question about program integrity? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2
Question about program integrity?

How does this work in terms of, 1) do they pick players to randomly violate rules or are they only good players (like in real life) 2) is there a rating or anything that we can do to prevent them from violating rules 3) how often does it happen? i dont want one of my best players to always be suspended throughout the seasons or in final games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question about program integrity?

I think they pick random players or when you recruit them the scouting report may say something about their past. I'm not sure either but that is how it will probally work. I don't know if their is a rating either.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

Thank you. I was just confused because if they implimented a rating like they did for composure then I completely understand how it will work. Thanks for the response though. I just hope all my good players don't have issues.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

According to IGN they have different discipline ratings for this.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I believe I read something at IGN where you have a rating as a team atleast, but I don't know about individual players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
Rookie

I think the odds of it happening to each specific player his determined by his disipline rating. I wonder if you crack down really hard on the forst few minor infractions if you can decrease their likelyhood for the remainder of the season.

I know that the real-life players are not in the game but the apperances, uniform numbers, and player ratings always have been pretty good representations of the real-life players. 99% of the time is pretty clear which real-life player each computer player is supposed to be. I always imagined after thinking how cool it is actually being in a video game some players second thought has to be "Hey, I'm faster than that!" Well you would think this would go double for disipline ratings. Somebody is going to be really insulted.

I like 1A football but necer really rooted for any specific team because all the schools I attended are irrelevant college football programs. I now have a cousin on Michigan's roster. He is an A student and genuine good kid. What I would think if I was playing a season with Michigan and the game told me that my cousin raped somebody asked me what I was going to do. That would be kind of surreal. I can imagine what an actual player would think if that happened to them while they were playing. Its one thing to see yourself drop the winning TD pass because no matter how sure of yourself you are you can't guarantee as an athlete that it would never happen. But if there are severe infractions in the game a lot of guys really can guarantee that they would never do anything like that.

Its a cool feature but they are wading into a different territory.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Victory, mind telling us your cousin's name? Just wondering, as a Michigan fan
Old 06-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #8
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

i think the violations are going to be limited to missing classes, missing practice, grades... I do not think that they will move much passed those offenses... You're talking about criminal activity vs. scholastic impropriety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »