Home

NCAA no longer the King

This is a discussion on NCAA no longer the King within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NCAA no longer the King

Everybody who has beta versions of NCAA and ESPN are saying how boring NCAA feels this year compared to ESPN. They all say has that NCAA has the old "Been there, done that" feel that a lot of us unbiased fans where concerned about when the new "FLUFF" information started spilling over. Whenever companies start hyping a controller vibrating and your screen shaking you can bet improved gameplay was not a priority. Face it folks NCAA got ZERO love this year. EA knew that ESPN was on the verge of unleashing a beast and they threw all their resources at MADDEN to try to compete. I'm not surprised at all by what these (beta) guys are saying. It's unfortunate but this is the 1st time in years that I'm not even looking forward to NCAA and will wait for ESPN to come out instead.

ohiost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #2
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA no longer the King

ok your loss. Won't be seeing you around much longer, so
Old 06-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

Why not play them both since NCAA will be out about 2 months before ESPN.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #4
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

ohiost said:
Everybody who has beta versions of NCAA and ESPN are saying how boring NCAA feels this year compared to ESPN. They all say has that NCAA has the old "Been there, done that" feel that a lot of us unbiased fans where concerned about when the new "FLUFF" information started spilling over. Whenever companies start hyping a controller vibrating and your screen shaking you can bet improved gameplay was not a priority. Face it folks NCAA got ZERO love this year. EA knew that ESPN was on the verge of unleashing a beast and they threw all their resources at MADDEN to try to compete. I'm not surprised at all by what these (beta) guys are saying. It's unfortunate but this is the 1st time in years that I'm not even looking forward to NCAA and will wait for ESPN to come out instead.

ohiost

Everybody meaning IGN and who else? IGN's the only place I've seen say anything close to that.

How about playing both games for yourself and deciding which ones the best that way, instead of going off of someone else's hype and proclaiming that NCAA is not "king"....
Old 06-09-2004, 04:15 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah NCAA will be better hen ever, maybe it doesnt have major improvements that ESPN wil have, but both are great . Plus one is pro anfd one is college and like someone else said, it comes out a month and half eariler then ESPN. I doubt EA didnt let the NCAA team do anything and put all their" resources" into madden. NCAA has a diffrent team and has been better then madden like at least 3 yrs running.

Get both enjoy both, they both do diffrent things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 04:16 PM   #6
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

What's it matter anyway? NCAA is the only college game. I don't care how good or bad ESPN may or may not be-it's not college. I don't see where there should be a comparison here.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #7
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

that is because he is obviously trying to start a flame war.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #8
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

BUT....BUT....MOMMY ONLY BUYS MY ONE GAME PER YEAR!!!

ESPN HAS TO BE KING!!!

PLEASE SAY IT IS KING!!!

PLEASE AGREE WITH ME!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »