Home

2 New Division I-A Teams...

This is a discussion on 2 New Division I-A Teams... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2004, 11:23 PM   #17
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: 2 New Division I-A Teams...

Then why are they playing a Sun Belt Conference schedule this year? Are you sure that they are not in until 2005-06?
Old 06-19-2004, 11:40 PM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm pretty sure you guys are right. I searched some more and found that they are just playing Sun Belt teams and it seems they will not be members of the Sun Belt until 2005-06. Sorry for the confusing post.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:11 AM   #19
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

OVR: 2

FIU and FAU are both still considered I-AA independants this season but are going through their transition years to play I-A. The Sun Belt conference organized games for both FIU and FAU to play Sun Belt teams this season to get acquainted with the teams and cities but it's not officially a I-A schedule. Next season, both schools will be officially I-A and a part of the Sun Belt and will be bowl eligible.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:55 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

A mixture of both... per Phil Steele's mag recently released, both FIU and FAU are indeed Div I-A schools but have that probation year mentioned above and are considered Independents like Notre Dame and Navy. This is standard fare for recent programs jumping fto I-A (see: Troy State, Utah State playing as independents recently before joining the Sun Belt... I think UConn fell into that category as well).

Next season they gain Sun Belt member status, but I can see how their schedules would confuse... the Owls play 5 non I-A teams this year and the Panthers have what looks like 7. And yes, both are playing mainly Sun Belt teams outside of that.

It's sort of a blur whether to include them as I-A or I-AA at this point, as they are rather in between the two. NCAA's technical term to describe them is "conditional I-A" teams.

Hope that clears it up.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:05 AM   #21
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

I don't care what EA will label them so long as both schools are included in this years game. That to me is more important than the label for now because if they are I-AA, I can always put them into the Sun Belt myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2004, 03:38 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:

BigT34 said:
what about the poster's questions were stupid? He wanted to know if FAU and FIU were in the game as 1-A teams, and if conferences fully re-align after year 1 in dynasty (ie. BC to the ACC, Cincy, USF, and Louisville to the Big East, etc.). those are both legitimate questions, but don't let that get in the way of you being an [censored].

Genius,

He went off on a rant about how Miami and VaTech didn't join the ACC after the first season in NCAA 2004. That's what I was replying to and referring to. But don't let that get in the way of making idiotic comments yourself.

Heh, you just made yourself look dumber than he did. Congrats.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:16 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

twharry said:

Yet you managed to top them both.
Congrats.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #24
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Sully said:
Quote:

twharry said:

Yet you managed to top them both.
Congrats.

And in grand fashion as well

Nice job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »