Home

Online question

This is a discussion on Online question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Online question

Here's the scenario.

I was going to go for it on 4th down in the first half against a guy who was beating me by two scores.(im used to playing playing the computer so my instinct is to go for it on 4th down) He called me out for "cheesing". I agreed and told him that i hadn't played online since sept. So I called a timeout and punted the ball.

So, Im down 21 points late in the 3rd(1:30 remaining). So, i decide to start running hurry up.

Question: Is using hurry-up when you are down 21 pts with 1:30 left the in the 3rd qtr cheesing?(IMO, time is very critical at that pt when you are down 21 pts)

BTW, i only ran hurry-up when the clock was still ticking. if a ball was incomplete or i ran out of bounds, i didn't hurry-up.

Also, he starts using hurry up even though he was up by 21 pts. it actually backfired on him, though.

COnclusion to the game. I tied it up(i finally got some a fumble and a pick in my favor), we went into overtime and i fumble at the 2 yd line. he scored and won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2004, 06:28 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: Online question

Nah, it's not cheesing really.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:31 PM   #3
MVP

hogfan's Arena

I mean, i don't how it could be considered cheesing at all. I used Hurry-up for what it is intended to be use for - Conserve time. I scored the tying score with 9 secs left in regulation. Sounds to me like i used it perfectly.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:33 PM   #4
H*ll *f F*m*

Also, depending on where you were on 4th down...I don't consider that cheese either. For instance, if I'm on 4th and 1 on my opponents 38 yardline..chances are I'll try and get the first.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #5
MVP

hogfan's Arena

oh, it would definitely be cheesing as i was on my own 35 yd line. I had just become frustrated and my instincts were to go for it. but, i called a TO and made it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2004, 07:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

in my book, you can run hurry up all game long. ive seen many HS and college teams do it early on in the game. Although, it only lasts 3-4 plays because of fatigue.

If fatigue is off, its definetly cheese.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:11 PM   #7
MVP

hogfan's Arena

That's true, that was my opinion as well. But, the pop-etiquette seems to be that you shouldn't 'abuse' it.

So, as to not get a bad rep, I adhere to their standards of 'decent' online play.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:12 PM   #8
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

hogfan said:
oh, it would definitely be cheesing as i was on my own 35 yd line. I had just become frustrated and my instincts were to go for it. but, i called a TO and made it right.

Going for it in that situation is how a 21 point game becomes a 50 game before you know it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »