Home

Passing Troubles

This is a discussion on Passing Troubles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #9
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Troubles

I use the OS Community sliders found here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-sliders.html

I have no problem completing passes of 30-40 yards every game. It's usually anywhere from 0-3 long completions each game, but it's definitely not as hard as you make it seem to be. And these aren't with 99 overall rated players. My QB this year is an 84ovr with 92 thp, I have no problem throwing the ball 40yds downfield and having my receiver run under the pass and catch it on the run. A lot of it is reading the defense, and knowing your players as well as the defenders.

Example: against cover 1 its going to be hard for to complete any deep passes down the middle, but your outside receiver should have one on one coverage with his defender. Then it all depends on whether your receiver can get past the corner or not.

Most people who have issues running or throwing the ball usually can't/don't know how to read the defense, and that's where most of their troubles come from. The same can be said for people who have trouble on defense. They usually call the wrong plays/formations for the situation and that is why they can't stop the offense, also I find that a lot of people have this ridiculous idea in their head where their defense should only give up 50 yards a game. Last year the #1 defense in the NCAA in terms of yards allowed per game was Penn State, and they gave up on average 278.7ypg.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 AM   #10
Just started!

What about when you play on the higher difficulties? I tried the ultimate team for the first time today, and it set the difficulty to All-American (I normally play varsity). I threw 8 picks!! 8!! It seems like your WR has to be wide open to get a catch. Is it all about reading the defense? What am I trying to read?
Old 09-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #11
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

You definitely, at the very least, need to know if it is in man or zone.

Crosses, posts, slants work better on man. Streaks and wheel routes work better on zone.

That's the very basic idea and a good starting point.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #12
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I like to have a combination of these routes on most passing plays.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #13
MVP

whughes's Arena

Did you buy Madden 15 or 16? I know they're different games but EA put a new mode in those called like Gridiron? Or something. They have drills in there that teach you the basics on how to read coverages before the snap

Your best bet would be to check those out if you have Madden 15 or 16, or google it. I'm sure someone put videos on YouTube on how to read defenses. We could try to explain it to you, but it's easier to understand if you have it in front of you

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 09-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #14
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm playing a quick game on FRESHMAN. My QBs have combined to be 4/13. Every defender can easily just get right in front of my receiver no matter what. I know others have seen these same problems. I just think it's funny, even on the easiest mode, I can't pass. I remember the old games if I played in easy I'd kill in all stats. Passing, rushing, forcing interceptions, running back punts and kicks.

This game is broken.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #15
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Passing Troubles

Ended the game 11/27. On Freshman. Trust me, I'm not that bad at this game.

I'm really not trying to complain but instead find a fix. Defenders quickly get in front of my receivers and bat the ball down, all the time. EVERY TIME my receiver catches a ball, BOOM, he gets hit. I NEVER get YAC.

I just don't understand what is going on.

On Freshman I did get some YAC, but completed nowhere near as many passed as I should.

And I'm pretty sure these were with sliders i tweaked where my QB accuracy and WR catching was turned up.

Last edited by WWF80sKid; 09-17-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #16
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm playing on All-American w/ tweaks after some months away from the game (I think its based off a very old version of the community sliders) and I've actually been trying to find ways to make my defense more aggressive. I was torching teams and getting way too many passing yards within a quarter, not enough rushing yards. Just keep working out your sliders and check where you have penalties at. Those are surprisingly huge to how defenses play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »