Home

What are your opinions on blacklover and DT at ps2rosters.com???

This is a discussion on What are your opinions on blacklover and DT at ps2rosters.com??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 04:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What are your opinions on blacklover and DT at ps2rosters.com???

I've downloaded Blacklover's rosters before and was never pleased with them. He didn't have guys right and depth charts accurate. DT actually takes the time to rearrange rosters, add key freshman in, and make sure the players are right. I'll always go with DT's rosters over BL's. No question. And you don't have to give him any money if you don't want to. He mentions the donation on his site, but he won't bug you for it or anything. Like $4 is really going to break you anyway considering all the work that you DON'T have to do in order to get rosters and you don't have to buy the crappy Interact products to download.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:54 PM   #18
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I went with Blacklover's last year because his was out first. For the most part everything was correct and what wasn't I corrected myself. I look at it like this....there isn't any room for complaints if you are waiting on work someone else is doing/did. So.....
Old 07-03-2004, 05:29 PM   #19
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

Blacklover is like Macintosh, Lidner like Microsoft. Some people like the comfort of the big company, with the nice looking website and the cute internet name. Others like to think they're helping the little guy who's putting out (perhaps) a better product.

I like Blacklover more. He works harder, gets his product out quicker. Lidner may be more careful, but anyone can be given enough time. I love Blacklover because when you get the game, and you see all those wretched numbers, and you're dying to play with the names -- Blacklover is there first. Love him for that.

If you think his depth charts are off ... send him the right ones. I just spent a couple hours the other night looking up the depth charts and reading the webboards of my favorite team and its rival -- then I sent three-deeps to Blacklover. How is he (or anyone else) supposed to keep up on all the positions moves. I sent him Utah and BYU's depth charts with some heads up on who is supposed to be the best, and who should have a good year. I recommend you all do the same. Last year, I sent depth charts to Blacklover and Lidner. They both said thanks but Blacklover got his out quicker.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

radoslaw77 said:
Blacklover is like Macintosh, Lidner like Microsoft. Some people like the comfort of the big company, with the nice looking website and the cute internet name. Others like to think they're helping the little guy who's putting out (perhaps) a better product.

I like Blacklover more. He works harder, gets his product out quicker. Lidner may be more careful, but anyone can be given enough time. I love Blacklover because when you get the game, and you see all those wretched numbers, and you're dying to play with the names -- Blacklover is there first. Love him for that.

If you think his depth charts are off ... send him the right ones. I just spent a couple hours the other night looking up the depth charts and reading the webboards of my favorite team and its rival -- then I sent three-deeps to Blacklover. How is he (or anyone else) supposed to keep up on all the positions moves. I sent him Utah and BYU's depth charts with some heads up on who is supposed to be the best, and who should have a good year. I recommend you all do the same. Last year, I sent depth charts to Blacklover and Lidner. They both said thanks but Blacklover got his out quicker.

Did you tell him Alex Smith should be a 99?

Matt Berry and John Beck should be 45's?

Ok time to think positive, go BYU ... PLEASE!
Old 07-03-2004, 06:09 PM   #21
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

QuiznosSubs said:
It's like the Gator and my Bulldogs. Some people are going to cheer for the Gators (for reasons I'll never understand) and people who know better are going to cheer for the Bulldogs. The arguing and flaming will always be there, but by the end of the year, the Bulldogs are going to be kicking that Gator @ss!!!

Bottom line, both rosters are competative and better than nothing, but linders rosters will be kicking that @ss.

Watch out for David Pollack! He was a beast this spring and will be unleashed this fall!

Reality check: Gators have taken 12 of the last 13 games.

As for the subject, I've used blacklover's rosters and really liked them. I've never used Lindner's rosters. I tend to like using blacklover's I guess, because hje just seems like a regular gamer doing this stuff to help out the gaming community. As far as DT Lindner's "request" for donations goes, though, the guy operates a website just to get out the rosters. He probably needs money to keep that thing up-- so I'm not going to begrudge him asking for donations. Comes down to personal preference I guess...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #22
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I saw someone use the word 'accused' in this thread, regarding DTLinder. He wasn't 'accused' of stealing BL's rosters, he was PROVEN. A couple of BL's notorious spelling errors mysteriously made their way into DT's rosters last year. After finding out that people caught this error, another file was up in under an hour on his site with changes.

Needless to say, I use BL's rosters out of respect.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Millennium said:
I saw someone use the word 'accused' in this thread, regarding DTLinder. He wasn't 'accused' of stealing BL's rosters, he was PROVEN. A couple of BL's notorious spelling errors mysteriously made their way into DT's rosters last year. After finding out that people caught this error, another file was up in under an hour on his site with changes.

Very true. And that wasn't the first time in the past several years.

I wouldn't to business with DT if you paid me too. I've seen him do too many screwy things around here even to trust. BL has no peer for me. Unfortunately since NCAA will be on XBL this year, I will be only getting the Xbox version, so I need to find a new roster maker. Although we had some very good roster makers around here and at Maddenmania last year for XBOX.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:37 PM   #24
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Millennium said:

I used accused because I didn't know if he had actually been proven. So, that should deter anyone from using those rosters.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »