Home

coach only

This is a discussion on coach only within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: coach only

I'm not that familiar with the coach only mode. Can someone give a brief explanation of how things work? Do you call the plays and watch the CPU execute it or do you just watch the whole game. I'm interested in trying this mode out this year and I wanted to get an idea of how it works. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Herbs... Innovex Golf is the company I work for - Herky the Headcover made the website!

COACH MODE is not an official gameplay mode by EA, but rather the way some of us play. Simply call the plays and let the cpu do the rest. You still have to kick and punt, but otherwise you let the cpu run the plays. I just find it more fun than controlling the players - AA is too easy and Heisman has never been any fun to me. Just my opinion...

Kevin
Old 07-06-2004, 02:19 AM   #11
Banned

Buckaholic's Arena

OVR: 5

I must be overlooking something but how do you put it on coach mode? I don't see an option for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 03:14 AM   #12
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

I must be overlooking something but how do you put it on coach mode? I don't see an option for it.

You are not overlooking anything. Simply call the plays as you would and (on offense) snap the ball and do not move the analog stick or hit any buttons. The CPU takes over. On defense, just call the play and when the CPU team snaps the ball, don't touch the stick or any buttons; the computer will control all of your players. The only plays this does not work for, as someone earlier mentioned, are kicks and punts. You have to do those yourself. There is a way around those, too, but it is a hassle and you lose all of the NCAA pennant points you have rung up. Hope that helps!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:35 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

You coaching guys post the sliders you use, I'd like to give it a shot and see if it's as great as you say it is.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #14
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

I too play exclusively in coach mode and have had wonderful results with dualradius' sliders.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:35 AM   #15
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

I play coach mode almost exclusively.

Its the most nerve wracking video game experience, and also it keeps the game more realistic, as im usually able to build a super team when i control each player.

I remember coaching the Vols to a 23-20 victory over the Gators a few years back when i was down 17-3 at halftime. That last drive almost gave me a coronary. Along with my first experiences with EQ, It was one of the very few video game moments that i actually carry with me in the memory banks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 03:49 PM   #16
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Coach mode can be pretty tense and for me I find it a challenge,now that I'm older and have been playing video football for years now just finding the lastest hitstick button doesn't turn me on that much anymore.

Its still a cool feature and all but to me its just another new button to mash and get hyped on,I'm more into Pro-Style football no arcade stuff just keep it as real to simulation as it can get.

I won't post any sliders because there are a many styles that a lot of guys prefer and I want my head clear for 2005 but those of you who create and post them know what I'm talking about,the thing about sliders are no one set is gonna fix what ever problems you my have one set works fine for you but feels sorta off for me.

What I find is that what you want first off is a roster that reflects the players actual ratings for a true game performance. The sliders pretty much take time to set up depending on your style of play and what you see as true to real life performance.

When I coach I take into account the teams strengths and weaknesses and use smart play calling,some guys think you just call a play and let it be,well you can do that but to actually have a game plan and strategy is the real thrill in playing this style and can be very exciting if you have a passion for the game of football.

Like any coach on the sidelines or in the press box you can only be in control of what you assign for you players to excute on the field.

Play calling and proper strategy are the main points to coaching and its not for everyone,but me being the football purist that I am enjoy this style and I usually check real life stats for true to life performances,so far I've found 2004 to play just fine for me with true to life game performances.

I'm pretty sure if you'd check some of the early posts sent in for NCAA 2004 you'll find plenty of info dealing with the aspects of sliders and gameplay,as I've been reading about the lastest features for the 2005 game it appears that there should be some new features dealing with the mind set of the players thus giving it a more pressure to perform aspect to the game as in younger players playing well as opposed to older seniors with big game expierence,sounds like fun so I'm really looking forward to coaching some of these guys and keeping them focused on keeping their heads in the game after all I am the coach.

Holla Back
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »