Home

NCAA 14 or 06?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 or 06? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 10:54 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 or 06?

Every game of 06 I've played has been a complete shootout due to pitiful defense. It's too easy to throw it deep and nearly every inside run can easily be bounced to the outside. Gameplay seems too fast for its own good.

Also adding that I frequently saw an AI defender run into the ball carrier but it did not trigger a tackle animation. So the BC just ran right by.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 10-22-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:00 PM   #34
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Every game of 06 I've played has been a complete shootout due to pitiful defense. It's too easy to throw it deep and nearly every inside run can easily be bounced to the outside. Gameplay seems too fast for its own good.

Which game do you like the most on the ps2/Xbox?
Old 10-22-2015, 11:10 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Which game do you like the most on the ps2/Xbox?
Probably 09 despite the awful jump the snap feature. I think it was the house rules and slider tweaks that made it acceptable tho. It was usually too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 06:41 AM   #36
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Probably 09 despite the awful jump the snap feature. I think it was the house rules and slider tweaks that made it acceptable tho. It was usually too easy.

See that the thing with 06. On default Heisman I still get a good challenge from the CPU. Deep balls aren't guaranteed but you're right, they're definitely completable. Inside run is possible with certain runs but you can't use the speed button. But you can go outside more than usual like you said.

I've been playing with some different sliders that completely fix the inside run game, but the CPU offense struggled to move the ball on me.

I think it's almost impossible to get a perfect feel in any of these games. You have to pick the lesser of all these evils and just roll with it.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #37
MVP

Is Jump The Snap only in 09?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #38
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Is Jump The Snap only in 09?

07 and onwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »